Senior Engineer - Water Resources
Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
The Senior Water Resources Engineer leads the design activities of projects of medium complexity. The jobholder ensures a functional, effective and aesthetic design for projects, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, international standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. The Senior Water Resources Engineer develops concept designs, schematic designs, and detailed designs and participates in the preparation of tender documents for design projects. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the Water Resources design field and represent the firm and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members.
• Support the collection of internally available data to support project execution
• Lead discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
• Develop concept designs , including all required drawings and reports, for non-complex projects, for discussion with clients
• Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports
• Coordinate with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, Structural, Mechanical, Transportation) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for design projects of medium complexity across all design stages (conceptual, schematic, detailed), as needed
• Review prepared design deliverables with senior project teams and implement design revisions based on reviews and checking reports, as needed
• Closely work with stakeholders for design value engineering for non-complex projects, as needed
• Closely work with Project Managers for the review and validation of design deliverables with clients and authorities, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals, as needed
• Closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of tender documents, including specifications, and Bills of Quantities ,as needed
• Closely work with project teams for reviewing design deliverables of non-complex design projects, including conducting detailed reviews and checks and the issuance of checking reports, as needed
• Provide support to Project Managers in developing periodic progress reports, as needed
• Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members’ deliverables
• Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including responding to RFIs and solving design conflicts, in coordination with local design support teams
• Implement corporate policies and procedures
Qualification, Technical Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration is preferred
• Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
• Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage
• Specific Experience Required to Execute this Role
• 15+ years of experience in engineering design in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm
• Experience with engineering in the Water Resources design
• Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Water Resources Design field
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).