Job description / Role
Be a part of our International Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Retail
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading the pre and post contract on a large retail project.
• Conducting feasibility studies and production of procurement reports.
• Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project involving existing protocols and systems.
• Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
• Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including, pre- qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
• Ensuring that post contract cost variances, change control, cost checking and valuation processes are managed effectively.
• Ensuring the production of monthly post contract and cost reports and presenting them to the client.
• Value engineering and life cycle costing.
• Final account negotiation and agreement.
• Taking a lead role in interfacing with clients, external and internal consultants at all project stages.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Mall/retail experience is essential.
• Excellent writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Arabic language is essential.
• Experience in pre and post contract services.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• An acute focus on detail with very high standards with regards to delivering service.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good IT skills – proficient in MS Office and other software.
• Excellent knowledge of all methods of procurement.
• Business development experience and understanding/taking the clients brief.
• Degree in cost/quantity surveying is essential.
• Full membership of the RICS is preferred but is not essential.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
TGC Consulting Middle East
Ignite Search & Selection
|Ras Laffan||20 Dec|
Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor
Quantity Surveyor - Consultancy