Job description / Role
Oracle Advanced Customer Services – Pre-Sales Solutions
The merger of Oracle Managed Cloud Services and Oracle Advanced Customer Support opens up a Pre-Sales Solution Management opportunity in Cairo. This an exciting time to join a rapidly evolving part of the Oracle Organization, both OMCS and OACS are recognized as global leaders in IT service delivery and supports a growing list of clients seeking to lower their total cost of ownership and to maximize the value they derive from their investment in IT.
Pre-Sales Solution Managers play a key role in the attainment of new customers by leading the development of complex solutions that are both operationally and commercially sound. They work closely with customers and Oracle sales and delivery teams. They will drive solutions utilizing a matrixed team of Subject Matter Experts on Applications, Technology, Security, Functional Services and other Solution teams. They have detailed knowledge of OMCS/OACS services, Oracle products and services from other lines of business, third party products and services, contracts and cost modeling. Pre-Sales Solution Managers convince customers of the benefits of the solution and its effectiveness in meeting their requirements. The role requires interaction with senior customer contacts - CIO, CFO, Operations Managers, Consulting and Legal Firms - and internally with Oracle management at all levels.
• Location: Cairo, Egypt
• Travel: Some travel outside of Egypt required
• Area of responsibility: Pre-Sales
• Reports to: MEA Pre-Sales VP/Global Solution Center Regional Manager
• Customer facing, liaising directly with customers to determine the customer’s requirements
• Builds customer loyalty through achieving a trusted advisor relationship
• Work closely with the Sales Representative and the customer to create customer-specific solutions that address the needs of the customer
• Use strategic and tactical thought to create cost and risk models that balance the needs of the customer and Oracle
• Applies consultative selling techniques to advance opportunities
• Work with other Lines of Business (LOBs) on individual opportunities and general cross-line-of-business initiatives
• Where appropriate work with Oracle Partners, i.e. resellers, SI's, ISV's, technology partners and alliances
• Manage approval of the complete operational solution through Oracle’s approval process
• Manage multiple approval cycles with speed and effectiveness to achieve deal timelines
• Prioritize, communicate and mitigate issues and risks with internal stakeholders
• Present the solution and value proposition to the customer
• Provide smooth and efficient transfer from pre-sales to delivery teams
• Team player
• Strong sales and negotiation skills
• Strong ability to build relationships
• Personal drive, tenacity and energy
• Results oriented
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to produce and deliver powerful and persuasive presentations - comfortable presenting to both small and large audiences
• Demonstrates professional & technical depth and credibility
• Highly organised, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal with and manage highly complex situations and environments
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills - English language is essential, multiple languages desirable
• Innovative and creative with resourcefulness in solving complex problems
• A general understanding of Oracle Applications and implementation methodologies
• In-depth knowledge of OACS/OMCS value proposition and services (Preferred)
• 2-3 years pre-sales solution-oriented experience or Oracle Applications Technical Project Management experience
• Oracle application, middleware and database product – essential
• Oracle systems products, including but not limited to Engineered Systems – desirable
• Oracle services – highly desirable
• Technical expertise in one or more Oracle MCS/ACS domains - – highly desirable
• IT Service Management – highly desirable
• IT Project Management – highly desirable
• IT Enterprise Architecture – highly desirable
• IT Service pricing and contracting (as an external service provider)
• Ability to translate customer needs into Oracle MCS/ACS solutions
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Honours Degree or equivalent
• Excellent industry knowledge
• Previous Pre-Sales and/Or Consulting background
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.