Job description / Role
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelez International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
Under broad supervision, you will be responsible for projects related to the application of tax laws and primarily tax compliance matters. You will also maintain complete and accurate tax documentation and provide recommendations.
How you will contribute
- Support tax activities including preparation of statutory tax filings, application of tax laws and tax compliance matters.
- You will also maintain complete and accurate tax documentation
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment and comply with Tax policies.
- You will also support audit activities and assist in providing information on an auditor's request
- Perform special projects and analyses as requested.
- You will also work with tax consultants to identify opportunities for tax savings
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement.
- You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Tax team.
- You will also invest in personal development
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in relevant tax laws and regulations and tax compliance processes
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and experience working in tax compliance with a large corporation or Big Four accounting firm preferred
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including strong communication and project management skills. A team player with "can do" drive to deliver results
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values and policies and external regulations
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multinational corporation strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
Relocation Support Available?
No Relocation support available, however for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International in the Middle East, Africa and Pakistan serves 70 markets from our operations in 16 countries. We have more than 4,000 employees across this dynamic region producing high-quality products at 11 manufacturing sites. We are market leaders in key snacking categories, making and selling global and local brands like Oreo and Tom Tom biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Lunch Bar chocolate, Tang and Cadbury Bournvita powdered beverages, Clorets, Trident and Chappies gum, and Halls candy. We set the benchmark in being a responsible business and contributing to the communities in which we operate.
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.