Job description / Role
• The Borescope/robotics/NDT specialist will be required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property.
• These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products.
• Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering.
• All on site inspection related service activities able to be performed at customer site.
• Includes Borescope & NDT inspection
• Setup and operation of Borescope inspection and Generator Robotics tools and equipment.
• Carry out Borescope and robotics Inspection on Gas turbine, steam turbines & Generators main modules and associate parts.
• Execute Borescope processes by applying the current approved technical data and standard work procedure.
• Furnish inspections report and complete documentation after completion of task.
• Carry out Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) on borescope & Robotics equipment
• Solve technical issues and problems as appropriate when encountered during daily activities
• Assist the Operations Leadership team in their day today operations to achieve production targets, corporate goals and objective
• Perform cross functional jobs within the department if required
• Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
• Works together with people from the business unit.
• Setting up and operating nondestructive inspection (PT, UT, EC, MT ) related tools/equipment.
• Performing prescribed NDT inspection techniques and processes to detect part compliance issues.
• Performing basic mathematical calculations.
• Training duties.
• Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing related initiatives and programs.
• Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
• Bachelor's Engineering degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
• Proficiency in MS Office and Computer and use of digital data logging apps in tablet devices.
• Proficiency in English and other local languages (preferable)
• Ability to interpret, write & assemble technical documents, drawings, and reports.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule assignments. Work effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
• Willing to travel up to 80 % of the time.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Level II cert in NDT (PT, UT, EC, MT)
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE.
• Previous NDT Inspection processing experience.
• EH&S processes and procedures.
• GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.