Job description / Role
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Shipping Assistant
We are currently looking for a Shipping Assistant The job holder of this position is responsible for reating Advanced Shipment Notifications and processing obligations of Import shipments.
What you will do:
- Match and approve the PO number in the Oracle system by verifying the PO 'Item references', 'Quantities' and 'Value' against the supplier invoice.
- Communicate with division and take agreed corrective action, in case of any discrepancy in reference, quantity or price.
- Enter relevant data fields as required by the ASN module.
- Cross check all entered data and confirm the ASN to generate an Appointment number.
- Send communication to warehouse with appointment number along with packing list.
- Follow up for the freight charges and Proof of Delivery from freight forwarder for the obligation process and archiving of records.
- Once goods are confirmed by Warehouse, initiate Obligation process.
- Archive all records electronically.
- Calculate and split the Freight, transportation and other transit costs as per the payment Invoice value.
- Process the Obligation using the Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS).
- Choose the required type of the Obligation from the available options.
- Enter relevant data fields as required by the RMS module.
- On completion, send the generated obligation number to Accounts department.
- Archive all records electronically.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- University Degree
- English language
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.