Job description / Role
Sub-regional Sales Director - Grid Automation Systems, North Africa and Iraq
Job Description Summary
As part of the MENAT Commercial team the Grid Automation Sub-Regional Sales Leader will be responsible for the Grid Automation Orders and CCM% within the assigned Sub-region.
- Cover the complete Grid Automation portfolio: Substation Protection, Substation Automation, M&D, Industrial Communications and Services
- Prime GA (Grid Automation) interface for Sales and Commercial within the assigned sub-region
- Lead the GA Sales Force within the sub-region, all GA PSS (Product Sales Specialist) reporting strong line to him
- Drive the overall Sales Strategy in the region, Go to market and key account plan
- Manage Pipeline, ensure visibility and volume of Opportunities in line with the Operating Plan
- Drive strategy to close the large deals in the region
- Interfaces with other Grid Solutions PL and Region Grid Solutions Sales within the Region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver on major business goals for the portfolio, incl. financial metrics: orders, CCM%, market share objectives
- Develop customer connections & intimacy to ensure business growth. Understand customer touch points & impacts from the beginning of the ITO process
- Build strategy to win the large GA deals within the region, leverage the broader organization: KAM, Sales Leaders
- Manage the channel strategy within the region in coordination with the MENAT Channel team
- Coordinate among the various Grid Automation Regions for the cross-regional deals
- Drive the Orders opportunity forecast, risks and opportunities
- Lead the Pacing calls both with Region and PL when needed
- Work collaboratively with Global Commercial, Regions leaders and PL on the development and execution of sales, channel and services strategies.
- Monitor and follow-up Action Plans for strategic key accounts, GE2GE channels
- Communicate and cascade the value proposition to the various Grid Automation and Account managers & ACS Sales within the Region.
- Actively contribute to deployment and promotion of customer tools and interfaces such as the On-Line Store.
- Provide Input to the Market Sizing exercise for the PL, analysis of gaps coming from Regions business requests and PL NPI Plan.
- Participate in Priorities definition with PL Product Management and R&D
- Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college preferred
- Expert knowledge of sales -min 10 years- in grid automation in the Middle East & North Africa region
- Overview of Power System and Protection Applications for Transmission, Distribution and Industry segments.
- Ability to work effectively across functions.
- Proven mentoring and coaching abilities, demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others.
- Financial acumen, knowledge of pricing, costing and product accounting.
- Ability to understand and improve complex processes in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to speak French fluently is preferred
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.