Job description / Role
Supply Planner & Material Planner Gum & Candy, Middle East and North Africa
Title of the role: Supply Planner & Material Planner Gum & Candy, Middle East and North Africa
Exciting career opportunity in the Customer Service & Logistics function, in the capacity of Supply Planner & Material Planner Gum & Candy, Middle East and North Africa; based in Cairo BU, Egypt. The main purpose of the role is to manage the supply process of the Category for respective country/cluster of countries through CS&L/ PP&L and other partners within Supply Chain to deliver the Business plan of 0-24 months through the active management of approved KPIs as well as to set inventory targets (finished goods) per country and per plant and/or co-manufacturers/co-packers in the MEA Region.
Key Supply planning responsibilities
- Drive the supply planning review within the integrated MEA Category IBP process.
- Manage the supply process of the Category for respective country/cluster of countries through Customer Services & Logistics (CS&L) / Production Logistics & Planning (PL&P) and other partners within Supply Chain to deliver the business plan of 0-24 months through the active management of approved Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Set inventory targets (finished goods) per country and per plant and/or co-manufacturers/co-packers in the region. Set maximum inventory levels according to approved targets.
- Monitor Country total inventories against target and the region's maximum inventory level.
- Lead Country inventory target setting strategy ensuring finished goods optimization while retaining the overriding requirement to deliver against the agreed KPIs supporting the region's Category business plan.
Key Category Material Planning responsibilities
- DIOH management and improvement across MEA categories.
- Alignment and full control of operational side of inventory.
- Control the age of stock and proactively take right decision avoiding material aging.
- Prepare comprehensive reports to have crystal clear status on inventory performance and material availability.
- University degree (Logistics, Economics or Engineering is preferred).
- Minimum 5-7 years of practice in Material planning/logistics.
- People management skills.
- Strong analytical & conceptual skills.
- Process analysis and MRP system knowledge.
- Fluency in English & Arabic.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Effective communication with internal and external partners, team work, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Time Management (Organized) and detail oriented
- Experience of working in a multicultural teams and environment.
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals.
- Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.