Job description / Role
Job Description - Systems Support Engineer with Solaris (210001KX)
Systems Support Engineer with Solaris-210001KX
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
• ACS is looking for Engineers skilled and with real experience on Operating System, mainly on Solaris and Linux.
• The engineer will join the EMEA Expertise Center, a team which centrally delivers proactive and reactive services for any country across EMEA.
• Advanced Customer Support (ACS) is an organization providing tailored mission critical support services for the full Oracle Product Stack.
• Advanced Customer Support understands the customer's needs and helps them to increase availability, improve performance, mitigate risk and save cost.
ACS Engineers have the mission
• To develop and manage the technical relationship with a designated account(s) in order to maximize the value of Advanced Customer Support to the customer,
• To develop and maintain trusted relationships with the other Oracle contacts within designated account(s) and relevant third parties,
• To act as the technical primary point of contact for Oracle Support and
• To safeguard customer satisfaction, and renewal, through quality delivery and added value.
• Delivering high quality technical results to ACS Customers;
• Ensuring adherence to internal methodology, tools and quality standards;
• Identifying required/recommended actions on Customer systems as main output of service delivery, based on own knowledge and experience;
• Understanding customer requirements and based on own skills and experience, being able to design the proper architecture using the most appropriate products and design a technical plan to integrate them and implement the technical solution.
• Analyzing, troubleshooting and solving whenever feasible, the issues the customer may face using Oracle products.
• Escalating at the right time customer issues to Technical Account Manager where relevant;
• Active participation on Services development;
• Active collaboration with other engineers in the team or in other teams, to share knowledge, experiences and others, which can benefit ACS Business results.
• Solaris Server
• Solaris Cluster
• Solaris Logical Domains (Architecture and Design)
• Zones Oracle Enterprise Linux ZFS
• Valuable skills on Exadata and SuperCluster
• University Degree
• Fluent English (French; Spanish or German will be also valued)
• Availability to travel and work onsite at customers
• Availability to work 24x7
Core. Professional Competencies
• Adapting to Change
• Building Relationships
• Business Ethics
• Customer Focus
• Personal Drive
• Planning & Organising
• Problem Solving
• Quality Results Orientation
• Teamwork Working Globally
Core Business Competencies
• Customer Needs Analysis
• Professional &Technical Depth and Credibility
Functional Support Competencies
• Resource Utilization & Development
• Technical Problem Recognition & Resolution
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.