Job description / Role
Determine and minimize the company's worldwide tax liability with the highest integrity while complying with worldwide tax laws. Entry level professional positions; includes some team leader positions. Requires good understanding of work routines and procedures. Limited independence in problem solving and decision making
- Responsible for developing and directing the improvement, alignment, simplification, implementation and standardization of tax processes in the region.
- Prepare/review income tax provisions and calculations, tax returns, tax payments, return to accrual calculations, deferred tax calculations and account reconciliations.
- Prepare annual return to accrual analysis. Examine and evaluate deferred tax and current tax payable balances in accordance with GE GAP and GE MAP.
- Ensure correctness of the income tax calculations / returns by identifying potential errors, proposing and recording corrections for portion of the Income Tax process owned by Global Operations Tax.
- Be the engine of the migrations from plan to execution with the support of the Tax Manager.
- Drive and be involved in global projects, interact with cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Support Income Tax audits, work together external service providers policies and practices, by ensuring appropriate communication and training of related activities.
- Up to 6 Years of experience in tax (preferably multinational in house tax function or Big 4)
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Customer Orientation
- Ability to build good partnership with all stakeholders in the processes
- Team Leadership
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Good ability to stay updated with market trends and external changes to incorporate knowledge in our internal processes
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 30% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.