Job description / Role
Tax - MERC - Resource Management Data Analyst - Cairo
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Reporting to the Middle East Resource Management Lead, you will support the Egypt Tax team alongside the wider regional Tax Practice. You will play a pivotal role in the supporting the administration and Management Information (MI) delivery of Resource Management (RM) services to ensure operational excellence.
This is a people focused role founded on effective working relationships with all key stakeholders, while supporting the firm’s people agenda. The RM team operationalise the firm’s strategy and ensures we have the right people in the right place at the right time to best
support our clients.
• Responsible for the overall TLS business dashboard reporting, analyzing the data, highlighting key areas, and predicting trends for discussion, working with the RM team to create.
• Be the Egypt (and potentially regional) TalentLink system lead, working with the TLS teams to ensure the system is usable for all employees, and updates/improvements are developed and implemented when required. Liaise with internal business units to obtain required data.
• Ensure high quality, accurate, insightful data is produced and maintained, working with regional Resource Management Team and other PwC internal teams to ensure this is the case. Accurately produce all required RM data reports, displayed in appropriate formats, in agreed time-frames. This includes the production of recurrent and ad hoc RM data metrics/dashboards.
• Deal with requests for information, and create ad hoc reports for the team, employees, and management as required. Present data to senior management, and champion new developments in people analytics across the business.
• Be the main ‘super user’ for the TalentLink system, and the point of contact for Egypt and the wider region. Work to ensure the system remains fit for purpose, developing functionality, supporting new roll-outs / implementations and opportunities for system enhancement. Work closely with the business and other key users to develop their knowledge and use of the system.
• Work with different HR functions to provide administrative improvements and bespoke tools that drive efficiencies and improve reporting. Work closely with internal teams (ie. Recruitment, Human Capital, Finance, Talent Performance Development) to create new tools and dashboards, and develop processes for training programme evaluation and reporting.
• Present data to senior management, and champion new developments in people analytics across the business.
• Plan, coordinate and implement RM (workforce planning / deployment / talent management) activity to support the overall Tax business objectives and RM strategy.
• Act as main point of contact for all day to day deployment and query resolution for all Egypt TLS employees / stakeholders. Demonstrate a solid understanding and knowledge of the Egypt Tax practice and its various client service offerings across all regional offices.
• Ensure business and client needs are delivered in an efficient manner by optimising allocation of work and deployment of staff. Maximise profitability in conjunction with personal development plans and individuals’ well being.
• Be proactive in relation to the supply and demand challenges of the local and regional business i.e. busy periods, recurring business, urgent client needs etc. Liaise with Tax RM team to ensure Egypt are being supported by the wider PwC ME Tax business, and offer support and resolution with Egypt employees where possible and during regional business need.
• Work with the Finance / Operations to understand headcount and engagement budgeting to enable effective local deployment and to plan accordingly.
• Challenge the Tax business’ protocols if and when impacting teams operational effectiveness i.e. completion of TalentLink maintenance / timesheets, accuracy of time recording etc.
• Support the Tax Resource Management lead and the L&D team with the Egypt based TLS graduates. Schedule and manage the rotations / pathways to ensure graduates get a varied TLS experience as well as ensuring chargeability and business requirements are actively considered.
• Manage the Egypt headcount and allow smooth on / offboarding for joiners and leavers to ensure portfolios are created and transitioned.
• Fluent proficiency in written and speaking English is essential.
• Bachelor degree from an internationally recognised University.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel (advanced level advantageous), PowerPoint, and Word.
• Preferred use of any of the following: Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, Qliksense, Excel Power Query, UI Path.
• Any other experience with data preparation / transformation modelling and visualisation would be strongly advantageous.
• Ability to provide clear and accurate information in a suitable format for business use.
• Experience of data analysis/data manipulation/problem solving.
• Confidence and skill when presenting information to different audiences.
• Knowledge and experience of creating HR metrics.
• Preference of previous work experience is preferable, within professional services or a large corporate environment.
• Proven work experience of prioritisation / conflict resolution, with the ability to manage complex conflicts between numerous parties in a fast changing environment.
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management experience; ability to interact with people at all levels and from different cultural backgrounds.
• Essential ability in influencing, challenging and negotiating effectively.
Up to 20%
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.