Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the AIX Technical team, job responsibilities include the demonstration of exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) to IBM clients, other IBM employees, and IBM management, timely updates for client situations, ability to effectively manage multiple complex situations, and deep technical product knowledge.
The person hired for this position will work within the AIX Technical team based in Egypt
A person interested in this role should have the desires to become a world wide technical expert in one or more components with leading edge, open source, cloud and virtualization technologies and frameworks while becoming an effective communication channel between IBM clients and IBM management.
- At least 1 years experience working in the area of Customer support
- Language skills: Fluency in English; written and oral
- Technical skills: Basic knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX and Linux);
- Bachelors Degree; Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
- Willing to work during US time zone shift.
Fluency in French, German, Italian or Spanish;
- C and UNIX / Linux shell script programming;
- AIX operating system; AIX (or UNIX / Linux) networking, file systems, security and administration;
- Working knowledge of common administration and debugging tools;
- Additional consideration for existing knowledge of IP Security (IP);
- Additional consideration for existing knowledge of IBM support tools and processes
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong customer driven focus
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to listen to clients and understand both situational and technical issues
- Focused & Results orientated
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Flexibility to work night shifts (from 12 AM - 9 AM)
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.