Job description / Role
Responsible for providing professional direction, support and advice as the site representative for all matters related to construction quality assurance of civil works.
Site Management & Deliverables – Construction Stage
• Monitor and supervise the Works associated with the project in relation to quality, requirements and standards.
• Perform scheduled inspections via Work Inspection Requests, and provide accurate inspection comments related to the Civil and Finishes works.
• Monitor Contractor's performance concerning the Civil and Finishes Works against approved Method Statements and ITPs.
• Inspect the materials delivered to site for the use in the Civil and Finishes Works, and ensure compliance to project requirements.
• Ensure suitability and fitness for use of Inspection, Measuring, and Testing Equipment related to Civil and Finishes works.
• Conduct surveillance and regular walk-throughs of the Site to ascertain that Civil and Finishes works are proceeding in accordance with requirements.
• Report any potential problems, issues, and deficiencies related to the Civil and Finishes works to the Construction Manager in a timely manner.
• Produce the daily record and report the daily physical progress of Civil and Finishes works made by the Contractor.
• Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the monthly Project Status Report as required.
• Conduct snagging and re-snagging (as necessary) of the Civil and Finishes Works declared to be complete by the Contractor.
• Assist in Testing and Commissioning.
• Co-ordinate with stakeholders and relevant local authorities.
• Review, approve and process all contractors' as-built drawings.
• Issue, when required, NCRs for non-conforming works to the Contractor, and participate in the resolution and closure.
• Monitor the proposed remedial and corrective actions from the Contractor on non-conforming works.
Health & Safety
• Liaise with the Senior Health & Safety Consultant to ensure the compliance of the Site Team with HSE Plan.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years Previous experience in project management/construction management of buildings projects
• Advanced knowledge and experience with various Civil projects in addition to building codes, design manuals and construction practices.
• Excellent analytical skills for reviewing costs and preparing budget reports.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding, and personal presence.
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals.
• General computer proficiency and good knowledge of the following programs and MS applications: AutoCAD,Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Fluent in English and Amharic – both written and oral is a must
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.