Job description / Role
My client who is a major Oil & Gas Operator is looking for an electrical engineers with a strong oil & gas background. This engineer will be involved in the subject area of medium (and low) voltage electrical power systems and new wire/cable/instrumentation definitions for Topside or subsea aspects.
The role will be focused on the following topics:
• Perform pre-sizing calculation and technical assessments for different applications :
• Power supply to platforms (3-phase AC MV-HV)
• Wind turbines power transmission (3-phase AC MV-HV)
• Tidal turbines power transmission (3-phase AC MV-HV)
• Very long power supply for subsea processing (AC or DC HV)
• Associated cable terminations technology survey for the above application
Technical Scope of Work documents :
• Prepare / Edit TSoW relative to various Topside equipment such as:
• Feeder Circuit Breaker
• Power Transformer
• Electrical shelter with HVAC installed in hazardous area
• DTS temperature monitoring
• Optical Junction Box
• Line Insulation Monitoring Selection
• Bus Bar Box
Electrical design :
• Develop and validate ad-hoc tools to perform electrical calculation
Following these topics, the Engineer will develop insight in the electrical problems linked to oil and gas and renewable development and participate to the development of internal standard and simplify process based on experience available within the company on those areas.
Engineer specialized in electricity and power system sizing and interested particularly in development and qualification of innovative solutions.
Candidates will also need to have a bachelors degree in electrical engineering
About the Company
Established in 1984, Anglo Group is a leading innovator of talent solutions to the clients and jobseekers within a variety of engineering sectors including Water and Wastewater, Construction, Oil/ Energy, Built Environment, IT/ Telecoms, Aerospace, Civil/ Structural, Manufacturing, Mining/ Minerals, and Science and Medical.
Our business is underpinned by the long lasting relationships we build with our clients and jobseekers based on a true understanding of the markets we serve.
Here is a snapshot of our recruitment experience in delivering high quality staff to support and add value to our clients' PSL.