Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job:
- The Site manager needs to be a subject matter expert with an understanding of all construction related disciplines and those disciplines integrate with others.
- Overall control of the site and all of the functions that the site performs.
- Supervises and coordinates site activities.
- Daily control of working practices, including the hours worked and meal times.
- Managing client expectations while staying on schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for all stores that are allocated to the project.
- Responsible for all Health and safety on site.
- Supervision of plant on site, refueling of plant/vehicles and generators.
- Reporting of broken plant / equipment / stores to the Project Manager
- Supervision of the workforce.
- Report daily to the Project Manger on progress.
- Oversee and coordinate materials ordering and delivery to site.
- Supervise all works on the project site and take over for the Project Manager in his absence.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum HND qualified in construction / building or other relevant field of study.
- Civil Construction experience required
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Site Manager position.
- In-depth technical knowledge of reading drawings and interpreting details
- Multi-cultural environment experience is essential and experience in post-conflicted regions is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and English writing communication skills. The ability to communicate in French is advantageous
- Project Management skills desirable but not essential
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.