Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
BIM Specialist participates as a capable BIM professional in landscape architecture design team, creating, developing and finalizing production work on projects with minimal direction and supervision of BIM coordinator, Project Landscape Architect or Senior team member.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- To prepare BIM models, drawings and coordination using software such as REVIT & Navisworks
- Develop BIM content based on BIM modelling standards and BEP outlines
- Knowledge of Industry BIM standards, processes and general approaches
- Able to prepare various schedules such as hardscape, Softscape, Site Furniture, Landscape lighting & finishes and carry out QAQC
- To organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines
- Perform BIM model QA/QC checks on projects according to established and company standards to ensure accuracy and quality of discipline models
- Able to check completion & accuracy of own work prior to review by the Project Landscape Architect or designated senior team member
- Should be able to proactively check and coordinate project BIM models and drawings to ensure they meet client requirements and industry standards and project BIM Execution Plans
- Regular reviews and checks of own deliverables for accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness ensuring delivery is as per client requirements and industry standards
- Able to ensure accuracy and quality of BIM model information, presentation, and coordination
- Should be able to follow specific and standardized procedures to achieve set results and deadlines (as set out by Project Landscape Architect or senior team member)
- Able to find creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks, undertakes appropriate research and develops documentation to support these solutions
- Communicate with clarity, purpose and accuracy
- Should be able to work with the team to communicate, solve and update BIM models for coordination and design issues.
- Provide guidance to other team members for BIM work
- Collaborate/communicate with other disciplines to rectify coordination issues and common BIM model development tasks.
- Determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments to deliver products & services
- Should be able to set-up the configuration and administration of projects for respective discipline in Revit and AutoCAD
- Ability to extract, manipulate, validate and present BIM model information as required
- Implement BIM modelling techniques and processes to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the production process e.g. scripts
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Masters of Landscape Architecture/ Bachelor of Architecture/ Diploma in Architectural Technology/ Diploma/Degree in civil engineering
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Civil 3D, Autodesk BIM 360, Navisworks, presentation software and working on projects in a BIM environment
- Ability to fulfil all the above duties and responsibilities
- Good technical knowledge of practice line discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of post undergraduate experience
- Experience on large complex Landscape or buildings projects
- Previous experience coordinating with all of the disciplines Architecture, MEP, Structures
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).