Category & Shopper Marketing Manager, CPD
L'Oreal Middle East
Job description / Role
The world leader in cosmetics, L'Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L'Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L'Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Consumer Products division for the position of Category & Shopper Marketing Manager. The Category & Shopper Marketing Manager is responsible for driving category growth, in collaboration with strategic customers, and driving activation excellence built on superior shopper understanding. You should have 6-8 years of experience in the FMCG environment across roles such as KAM/Trade Marketing/Category Management/Shopper Marketing/Brand Management
The location of the job will be in Mumbai - HO
The Category & Shopper Marketing Manager is responsible for driving category growth, in collaboration with strategic customers, and driving activation excellence built on superior shopper understanding.
Category Vision & Strategy
• Build the category vision for the assigned category for the next 3-5 years
• Defining the category growth drivers and the channel strategy for the assigned category
• Create category playbooks and defining pack/assortment per channel
Customer Partnerships - Joint Business Planning & Category Management Projects
• Driving multifunctional approach starting from insights to vision to strategy to Joint Business Plans with key customers
• Being the category expert for the external customers, creating category selling stories and collaborating with retailers to jointly develop their category strategies
• Securing and driving catman projects with key customers including planograms, range reviews, and measuring performance
• Responsible for shopper insights and being the voice of the shopper in all activation plans
• Understanding shopper profiles, needs, barriers and opportunities and the shopper decision tree
• Responsible for the O+O shopper activation calendar and alignment between brand and customer teams
• Conceptualize and execute category/beauty events with key customers and brands
• Creating picture of success by channel
• Ensuring shopper communication in line with shopper mission and path to purchase per channel
• Defining golden rules for touchpoint planning per channel
Internal and External Interactions:
Marketing, CMI, Customer Teams (MT and Ecom), Business Planning, Business Development, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer teams, agencies and vendors
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to work in a cross-functional environment
• Analytical skills to interpret performance and drive insights
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong understanding of Modern Trade and E-commerce channel
• Good understanding of systems and processes
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
• Travel will be need based
L'Oréal is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L'Oréal strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.