Job description / Role
The Project controller is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, strong stakeholder management, and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle are central to this position. The successful project manager will be experienced in the delivery of both software development and infrastructure projects have experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously and possess a comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies (Agile and Waterfall).
- Manage projects to deliver them on time, within budget and to the required quality specifications. Tightly manage any deviations from the agreed project timeline and budget, ensuring early notification to the project steering committee of potential deviations and applicable necessary remedial actions.
- Work with project stakeholders, flydubai and external vendors, in an onshore and offshore engagement model to gather requirements, create project plans, identify and manage issues (mitigation plans), risks and changes.
- Ensure all required project documentation is compiled to a high standard and maintained in an accurate and auditable manner.
- Accurate and timely reporting of project progress and status to project stakeholders via electronic reporting and formal presentations.
- Adherence to formal project governance to ensure compliance with agreed flydubai standards based on Cobit and PMP Methodology
- Compliance and in depth knowledge of IT infrastructure and software projects.
- Adherence to flydubai change and release management procedures - identification and impact assessment of change, communication of time and cost impact following a change request.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation for all implemented projects.
- Project administration - ensure all invoices are raised accurately, reflect work done and are provided by vendor on time and to flydubai's specification. Answer any queries that arise from submission of invoices to Accounts Payable.
- Manage and Coordinate with multiple stakeholders remotely
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- A University Degree in IT, Engineering or equivalent
- SIX Sigma accreditation an advantage
- 5+ years' experience in technology Project Management (infrastructure and software development projects).
- 2+ years' experience in aviation IT sector, an advantage
- Clear understanding and demonstrable experience of different project management methodologies
- Qualification in project management or equivalent
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
Knowledge / Skills
- Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office suite
- Knowledge of airline industry practices, processes, and applications
- In depth knowledge and experience of project management practices
Certificate / License required
- PMI or PRINCE2 certification
- CSM Certification, an advantage
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Project Management
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.