Job description / Role
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
L’Oréal’s Luxury Division is looking for a Marketing Head - Yves Saint Lauren. In this People Manager role, you will define and guide the country brand strategy consistent with the international brand positioning and the country’s priorities to contribute to continued growth of the brand and the consumer relationship You should have a minimum of 8-10 years professional experience in operational marketing, product development and digital marketing. Prior experience in beauty, lifestyle luxury goods or services will be advantageous. The location of the job will be in Mumbai.
This position has a team comprising of Online Brand Manager and Make-up Artist.
To develop BU’s brand portfolio and image, turnover and profitability in the local market.
• Lead the newly launched business unit of YSL to accelerate business growth, build the brand, build partnerships and transform the go to market model to win share. Build strong partnerships with key retailers and other partners & stakeholders – internal and external – to develop and execute winning strategies for the brand.
• Lead the team in establishing YSL as true, differentiated luxury brand in India, winning the hearts and minds of our target consumers & shoppers with relevant storytelling, standout service and personalized O2O experiences. Be willing to be hands on to ensure capability development and excellence in execution at every touchpoint.
• Focus, coach and guide the team on the core priorities of building a consumer first, digital first brand & business which will enable the sustainable growth of the brand in the coming 2-3 years.
• Develop capability especially in P&L management, commercial excellence and coaching and team management; leveraging the full network of resources available to you to invest fully in the growth and development of the brand.
• Implement the international brands strategies in the country, determine and implement necessary local adjustments in close liaison with the international brand teams
• Enhance brands' attraction, image, and awareness in the country
• Increase brands' market share and sales growth
• Manage and is accountable for the BU’s / Brand P&L: define, optimise and monitor budget objectives (profitability, stocks, inventory, structure of P&L account)
• Define, implement and monitor marketing activity (launches, renovations, repositioning of products, media, competitor analyses, field activities…)
• Define, implement and monitor distribution strategy; build strong relationships with the trade
• Build the Group’s internal and external image and reputation in the BU, through strong relationships with local distributors, government agencies and key influencers
• Build and continuously adapt an effective and efficient organisation
• Recruit, develop and manage teams, ensuring knowledge transfer and change management
Key success factors:
• Passion for beauty
• Creative and strong aesthetics inclination
• Attention to detail and operational excellence
• Creative Conceptualisation for communication
• Analytics and insights skill
• Work as a team player
• Drive alignment, interact effectively,
• Demonstrate entrepreneurship, and innovate
• Internal Interactions – Sales, Digital, Education, Supply Chain, Purchase, Merchandising, Finance teams
• External Interactions – Advertising, PR and Digital partners
Professional and Technical Competencies:
MARKET & CONSUMER INSIGHT
• Identifies market drivers
• Translates trends and consumer knowledge into meaningful insights
• Thinks brand strategy
• Imagines disruptive products & services
• Develops integrated campaigns that work
• Integrates retail & shopper expertise
• Delivers excellence with agility and rigor
• Integrates sustainable, business consciousness
• Creates collaboration for bigger success
• Shares & leverages best practices
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
• Travel will be need based
• Relevant experience / MBA
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.