Job description / Role
The Project Manager will direct, control and co-ordinate the execution of projects to achieve project completion on time, within budget and at the required levels of quality taking into account safety and reliability. Projects involve high technology equipment, engineering and services.
The Project Manager is the individual who is expected to lead and direct all engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning activities required to deliver the assigned projects. To do this, the Project Manager will be required to develop strategies, gain alignment with stakeholders, implement these strategies whilst anticipating problems, and to achieve progress regardless of internal organisation difficulties or onerous contractual requirements. Leadership s called for in the sphere of human relations and in persuasive ability, when dealing with management, peers and subordinates
• Lead and coordinate all project activities within the project scope, including activities carried out within the local office as well as by other Air Products locations.
• Gain alignment on key project issues with internal project stakeholders in Air Products Senior Management, Business Areas, Operations, and functional managers. Proactively communicate with these stakeholders to maintain alignment.
• Maintain a strong relationship with the Client and subcontractors. Represent Air Products in meetings and correspondence with the Client at all levels.
• Provide leadership in safety management, to drive the entire project team to achieve company safety targets during engineering and construction.
• Ensuring strategies are developed and implemented to deliver the projects to cost, schedule, quality whilst minimising the risks. Actively review performance, and adapt strategies as required to keep the project on track.
• Ensuring that there is adequate and effective communication both within the project team and externally with Customers, Vendors, and Authorities.
• Identifying risk areas and developing risk mitigation plans, monitoring risk areas and resolving issues arising and other problems in a timely manner by identifying and involving the correct project team members.
• Monitoring the production of engineering deliverables, progress of procurement activities and progress of construction activities against plan to ensure the project is completed within safety, cost, schedule, quality objectives
• Manage all work processes in accordance with company procedures and guidelines
• Regular and ad-hoc reporting to Senior Project Management on the status of assigned project so that they are always fully appraised of progress, achievements and any problems (potential as well as actual).
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• Working towards Chartered Engineer status
• Minimum 10 years as Project Manager in Oil & Gas EPC projects.
• 12+ years in project leadership roles, including at least 4 years construction site based
• Domestic India and International experience required. Experience working with multinational company desirable
• Experience in Industrial Gas/Air Separation industry desirable
• The candidate should be self-motivated, diligent and accurate, able to work under pressure to meet project demands, and able to respond with urgency to solve problems as they emerge, through effective communication and coordination with the wider project team, support functions and vendors.
• Flexibility to work additional hours to meet project deadlines during periods of peak workload is required.
• Flexibility to relocate for extended periods of time to the location of the project job site during the site phases of the project a requirement
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely at all times in English language.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.