Job description / Role
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily.
We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally.
PAYFORT is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PAYFORT is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
A day in the life
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impact and understand business requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be able to write quality code in Java or C#, and Python.
• Experience in app/device testing.
• Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.