Job description / Role
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 36 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Consumer Products Division for the position of Regional Sales Manager. In this Leadership Role, you will be responsible for Business Development & Team Management for the respective Region. You should have minimum 12 years of professional experience with Cosmetics & Personal Care Industry. The location of the job will be in North, based out of Gurgaon.
- Handling & Managing a large team consisting Managers, Business Development Executives through various functions such as Sales | Training and Merchandising.
- Driving the Business & Market Development and delivering AOP.
- Driving Business Volume, Growth & Distribution
- Identify the Opportunities in Market (GT/MT Channels)
- Channel Strategy & Gaining Market Shares for Brands
- Market Intelligence- Competition Expansion, New Launch & other Info.
- Driving Initiatives & Innovations
- Recruit, motivate and develop his/her teams: by maintaining a culture of excellence up to the point of sale, develop the expertise and know-how of his/her employees and implement organizational changes
- Ensuring Market Hygiene
- Schemes & Other Budget Utilizations
- Driving QPS & Other Trade Inputs
- Controlling Damages & Expiry
- Timely Settlement of Claims to Channel Partners
- Submission of NDCs (Channel Partners)
- Driving Activations (seasonal) & New Launches
- Managing & Motivating Channel Partners (ROI & Infra Review)
- People Development- Training, Development, Retention & Motivation of On Role & Off Role Team Members
- Effective Merchandising – Timely Execution, Submission of Execution Pics & Ensuring NPNP Activity.
- Effective Coordination with Various Departments/Functions
Monitors Sell In & Sell Out Excellence
- Drives Point of Sales field execution
- Follows-up & controls
- Masters brand selling scenarios
- Manages BA/DA staffing & relationship
Delivering AOP Numbers as per plan
- By Brand
- By Channel
Managing Team with different functional expertise:
- Sales – Managers & Executives
- Training – Managers & Executives
- Handling Big Team of Off Role Employees – Supervisors, Make Up Experts, Beauty Advisors, Coordinators.
- Ensuring Healthy ROI of Channel Partners – win win situation for both company & channel partners
- Forecast Business with Accuracy – after evaluating business opportunity by brand & by channel.
- Ensuring Profitable Business by evaluating all the cost elements & by increasing per store business.
- Ensuring the best presence of our brands in Retail.
Builds Selling Proposition & Negotiate
- Sets negotiation priorities
- Conducts Win-Win negotiations
- Ensures compliance
Masters Commerce Fundamentals
- Activates Business Drivers
- Pursues turnover and profit optimization
- Stays up-to-date with market, consumers& competitors
- Builds on categories Shopper insight | Business insights
- People developer
This pivotal role will require one to manage internal as well as external stakeholders. Interaction will be extensive with
- Retailers in GT Market
- Dept Managers/Category Managers/Store Managers in MT Universe
- Channel Partners
Also interaction with internal stakeholders like Supply Chain | Key Account Managers | Brand teams | SDM | Finance etc.
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel)
- Travel will be 6-7 days in up country cities and 4-5 days in Delhi/NCR, in a month.
- MBA with rich experience in Cosmetics/Personal Care Industry
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.
Excelsior Group ME
On Trade Sales Manager for a Major Retail Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Retail Division Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Sales and Marketing Manager