Job description / Role
The successful candidate’s role will be as a senior engineering designer within the CRC Development team in our Noida office producing detailed highway and drainage engineering designs and construction drawings.
Key Competencies / Skills
• The successful candidate is likely to be a Professional or near-Professional Engineer having 6 to 10 years’ post-graduate work experience including at least 2 years’ in managing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ensuring technical delivery of highway and drainage designs to budget, quality and programme constraints for the US and/or International market.
• Familiarity with US highway and drainage design standards is essential.
• Proficiency in Micro Station, In Roads, Open Roads, and/or Geopak design software.
• Applied knowledge and understanding with AASHTO, MUTCD, and FHWA Standards/Specifications/Guidelines.
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, and MS office (Excel, Word, Power Point) is expected.
• Cultural awareness, an open mind and excellent English communication skills are essential requirements for the role.
• The role will include, Technical guidance, project management, cost and quality control and work brief preparation to enable the team to produce detailed designs for technical approval and tender/construction use.
• A thorough understanding and/or experience of using 3-dimensional drainage and highway design software such as In-Roads, Open Roads, and/or Geopak design software would be a distinct advantage.
• You can expect to be actively managing technical design delivery for number of US projects at any given time; a major element of the role will be to liaise with WSP’s US based lead design teams to ensure project delivery to agreed delivery schedule, quality and budget constraints. You will also be required to work with other locally based team leaders to ensure resources are fully utilised, identified and addressed effectively and any surplus or shortfall in available staff/workload are identified timely.
• In leading the design process, you will be expected to set clear goals for the team members, monitoring their progress closely and encouraging them to deliver appropriate and cost-effective solutions to the agreed programme. You will also be expected to support those more inexperienced by technical review, mentoring and advice.
The role may include short term secondment and/or visits to WSP’s US offices for better understanding of WSP’s business, assist with acclimatisation to WSP methods of working.
• The successful candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated individual who will take on a Leadership role in project work, focused on delivery to the client and technical excellence. The role requires management of number of projects and becoming involved in design at an early stage. The ability to plan and design deliverables per US Engineering standards for each stage of a project is a pre-requisite and training and guidance will be provided where necessary.
• Cultural awareness, conscientious and an open mind and excellent communication skills are essential requirements for the role.
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum of supervision
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 6 years working experience in design of Highways /Motorways/ Drainage system for Highways
• Good written and spoken communication skills and be fluent in English
• Be aware of current and emerging technical guidance for highways and drainage;
• An ability to provide hands on mentoring and training of staff to ensure quality of output and continuous technical improvement.
• To produce designs based on planning strategies and construction specifications for drainage and highways.
• Must have a significant knowledge of engineering design, design software, technical consents process, adoption and contract procedures for the provision of highways, drainage, and utilities for new developments and regeneration projects. You will know how, if applied effectively, these skills combine to add value to a client’s development proposal.
• Ability to manage numerous assignments at one time
• Proficiency in Micro-Station, In Roads, Open Roads, and/or Geopak /similar design software
• Experience in AutoCAD/AutoDesk and their suite of packages.
• Applied knowledge and understanding of AASHTO, MUTCD, and TxDOT Standards/Specifications/Guidelines.
• Experience / knowledge of various Construction techniques in Highways construction projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Committed team player;
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.