Job description / Role
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Reports to: Section Manager
Section: Transportation Design Section
The Senior Engineer prepares schematic and detailed designs for transportation design projects, based on the concept design that is developed by the Section Manager and the Senior Project Engineer. The Project Engineer receives guidance and instructions from the Senior Project Engineer and typically performs the work alone or as part of a team of Engineers, Designers and CAD Operators. The Project Engineer must ensure that the design meets the requirements of the Client, local authorities and engineering standards and codes of practice. In addition, they participate in the selection process of project materials and specifications and check the accuracy of the BOQ.
The senior engineer shall be literate in CAD and CIVIL 3D latest versions and shall have the following skills :
- Preparation of scope of works and design criteria
- Adopt QA/QC checking procedures as per company policy to ensure sound and coordinated design both internally and across other disciplines
- Have full proficiency and experience in the design of Roads (plans and profiles),
- Design of junctions (Roundabouts, priority junctions, signalized junctions,) both horizontally and vertically
- Development of site grading,
- Preparation of road cross sections, generating earthwork quantities,
- Preparation of pavement design and pavement design reports,
- Preparation of concept and detailed design of interchanges
- Preparation of power point presentations
- Preparation of progress reports
- Sound communication and writing skills
- Sound in preparing technical reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience
- Qualification - Master's mandatory.
- Understanding of engineering standards, codes of practice and local authorities' guidelines
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).