Job description / Role
Senior Engineer -Structure Design, WSP , Noida
• This role is to work as part of an engineering team, taking a senior role in project work, focused on production and liaison with the WSP in India ME Team and mentoring and coaching junior members of the team.
• Prepare feasibility study reports to meet brief requirements in the agreed format and review with the Local iCRC Head of Structures
• Work with WSP in India ME Team to assemble a design specification compliant with the employers’ requirements, agree its format and content, and monitor and review its preparation ensuring delivery by the due date
• Agree and monitor scope of works with the Local iCRC Head of Structures
• Clearly define building requirements and purpose of use with the Local iCRC Head of Structures and WSP in India ME Team to allow detailed design
• Carry out detailed design to WSP in India and codal standard requirements, QA and technical review and sign off by the Local iCRC Head of Structures, including complex calculations and co-ordination issues
• Review and monitor the production of calculations including QA, technical reviews and sign off
• Ensure that information for project delivery plan is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep the WSP in India ME Team informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions
• Provide documentary information via the WSP in India ME Team to assist in the preparation of tender documents, ensuring that information for tender preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep the WSP in India ME Team informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions
• Provide documentary information via the WSP in India ME Team to assist in the preparation of tender documents, ensuring that information for tender preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadline.
• Deal with the day to day queries from the WSP in India ME Team, ensuring that relevant information is available on time for construction activity
• Report to the WSP in India ME Team in association with the Local CRC Head of Structures any variance between the works constructed and the design intent
• Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme.
• Follow in full the document control, QA processes relevant to project work, ensuring drawings, specifications, reports and correspondence are issued, and filed in an appropriate manner, coach junior staff in their usage.
Key Competencies / Skills
• Raise the level of technical competence within the teams
• Implement delivery and quality measurement processes
• Promote technical excellence in all our projects
• Undertake technical reviews and contribute to the concept design
• Provide continuous feedback to the Local Head of iCRC on the effectiveness of the protocols and processes in place with a view to continuous improvement
• Develop positive professional relationship with the WSP in India ME Team, communicating openly about project progress
• Participate in team meetings, disseminate information within the team, and communicate with other teams
• Identify and act on, or refer, potential risk issues and follow in full the company commercial and contracting processes
• Manage delegated tasks to ensure that deadlines are met and flag resourcing concerns to team leader
• Identify and flag additional resource requirement to the Local iCRC Head of Structures
• Complete timesheet accurately ahead of weekly deadlines
• The applicant will have proven experience in the design of Building Structures with significant experience in a similar role or demonstration of a good track record
• The applicant should ideally have obtained Chartered Engineer status or equivalent, possess a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and possess membership to an accredited engineering body
• Applicants need to be able to demonstrate good management, communication and technical skills and be capable of working both within the team and independently, as dictated by work load
• Good presentation skills are also required
• Must be fully conversant with technical structural software, such as RAM, CSC, ETABS, SAFE and STAAD
• A sound understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project is essential
• Must be fluent in English with an excellent understanding of technical terminology
• The candidate should possess a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and possess membership to an accredited engineering body.
• It is desirable that the candidate has obtained British Chartered Engineer status or equivalent.
• Experience: 8+years
• Candidate is mandatory to have experience in structure design especially in residential and commercial building
• With Min. G+10 Storied
• Hands on Proficiency in etabs and Safe
• Must be Regular BE /B.Tech(Civil) or ME/M.Tech(Structure) from premium institutes
• Position Location- Noida, INDIA
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Civil / Structural Engineer - Water & Buildings Projects
|Abu Dhabi||6 Jan|
Engineer - Structure Design
Principal Structural Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||8 Jan|
Assistant Resident Engineer (Structures)
Menasa & Partners
Senior Engineer - Structure Design