Job description / Role
The Senior Landscape Architect leads the delivery of landscaping design projects of medium complexity. He works closely with Project Managers and design teams to develop different landscape design options and to refine selected designs across the project design cycle, including conceptual landscape designs, preliminary, final detailed designs and tender documents for landscape projects of medium complexity. The jobholder shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in landscaping design and share his knowledge with team members.
Key Responsibilities Areas And Activities Of The Role
* Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations, as needed
* Support Project Managers in client presentations and workshops, as needed
* Support Project Managers with responding to client clarifications and technical issues, as needed
* Ensure client satisfaction with landscape design deliverable
* Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively
* Conduct design value engineering in coordination with the Project Managers, as needed
* Develop landscape tendering documents and closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of final specifications, landscape palettes, Bills of Quantities and Conditions of Contract
* Support the tender process, including responding to bid queries and evaluating bids, as required.
* Develop alternative conceptual landscape designs for projects of medium complexity reflected in the form of plans, sections, mood boards, perspectives, material boards, as appropriate
* Develop comprehensive technical reports, detailing design concepts and soft scape components, irrigation systems, cost estimates, etc.
* Support client workshops and presentations, as needed, to select most appropriate landscape design options.
* Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills Upload design deliverable's into K&A’s knowledge repository, as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture
* Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture is preferred
* 7+ years of industry experience in landscape design.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).