Job description / Role
The Senior Project Landscape Architect participates in the delivery of large scale, complex multidisciplinary landscape architecture projects as a discipline project lead. He/She works closely with Project Managers and Design teams to develop different landscape design options and to refine selected designs across the project design cycle, including conceptual landscape designs, preliminary, final detailed designs and tender documents for landscape architecture projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Develop a data inventory system and archive necessary data to share with project team members, as needed.
- Analyze collected data and identify main design constraints and key challenges, and periodically meet with design teams of other specializations to integrate landscape design constraints, as needed
- Support the production data collection report for large scale, complex multidisciplinary projects, highlighting all collected and missing data
- Develop different landscape design options for large scale complex projects, in coordination with Urban Designers, Urban Planners, Architects and other relevant design teams, as needed
- Support the development of alternative conceptual landscape designs for large scale complex projects, reflected in the form of plans, sections, mood boards, perspectives, material boards, as appropriate.
- Support the development of comprehensive technical reports, detailing design concepts and soft scape components, cost estimates etc.
- Assist in the refinement of selected landscape design option into preliminary and final detailed designs, in coordination with other design disciplines, including the development of required drawings and graphical materials, as needed.
- Develop landscape tendering documents and closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of final specifications, landscape palettes, Bills of Quantities and Conditions of Contract.
- Support the tender process, including responding to bid queries and evaluating bids, as required.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, during the supervision phase, including solving design conflicts, conducting site visits and reviewing shop drawings, in close coordination with local design support teams
- Support Project Managers in validating design deliverables with clients and authorities, as needed, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals
- Mentor Landscape Architects & Design Landscape Architects with the required skills.
- Prepare man hour estimate for the large scale complex landscape architecture projects.
- Effective work planning & management of other's work to meet the project delivery deadline.
- Review and conduct design reviews and verifications.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master in Landscape Architecture or Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with Landscape architecture experience.
- Minimum 12 years working experience
- Project Management Experience (Demonstrated Experience / Certification Preferred)
- Excellent Leadership and Soft Skills
- Design Management, Design Coordination, QA/QC & Value Engineering
- Advanced to Expert Level Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, illustrator & Acrobat Pro)
- BIM/Revit Experience highly recommended and valued during prequalification
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal)
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).