Senior Sustainability Engineer
Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
K & A are looking to appoint a Senior Sustainability / Building Physics Engineer to provide their expertise and design knowledge on a variety of high profile multi-disciplinary projects across the ME and abroad.
Although the role will be based in either our Bengaluru office, you will be very much part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering design solutions to clients across the ME. The Building Design practice work on projects across all of K & A key sectors, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to join an internationally renowned consultancy, affording the opportunity to work on large scale multidiscipline projects.
The individual will have the following attributes (but not limited to):
- Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Physics output on projects across various sectors
- Create modelling workflows for various analysis in the Built Environment such as daylight analysis, Outdoor thermal comfort etc.
- Undertake building performance analysis including Saudi Building code , MOSTADAM & ESTIDAMA Standards
- Stay abreast of changes in legislation, regulations and guidance
- Stay abreast of developments in vendors' software
- Development of design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
- Interested in developing design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
- Lead and manage client meetings and presentations
- Create, manage and review client deliverables and reports with the support of fellow team members
- Well-rounded understanding of the principles of building physics, from concept design input, options comparisons and thermal modelling;
- Preferably >5 years' experience in sustainability related consulting with experience (Middle East experience is advantageous)
- Experience in sustainability building and masterplan certifications (knowledge of rating systems such as LEED, Mostadam, Estidama, WELL is preferred)
- Must be proficient in analysis software such as IES-VE, Ladybug tools , Open Studio or similar.
- Experience in circular economy principles and life cycle assessments is advantageous
- Understand energy modelling and can interpret modelling results
- Experience with construction sites sustainability and environmental management
- Diverse sector knowledge including property and building, government and retail
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English with the ability to communicate results via Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and related software, and craft compelling presentations and reports
- Flexible and open to work with the wider Environment and Sustainability disciplines
- Comfortable working independently
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).