Job description / Role
We are looking for passionate and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, critical, high volume applications that customers love. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
The Amazon Digital & Emerging Payments Tech Team’s vision is to delight our customers with the best payment experience in the world! To achieve this vision, we are in search of a talented technical engineer and craftsman who builds robust software that scales as well as client-facing features which are intuitive and simple to use.
Our team takes a world view of payments for all of Amazon and builds highly customized and seamless payment experiences for our global customers. This focus on geography and customer requires working on different technologies & back-end systems in order to meet the needs of our customers. Our back-end systems are always available and guarantee that our customer’s orders are never lost and always processed even when downstream services are down.
Our team is highly motivated and in need of a engineer who can take the technical reigns of the team and steer them in the direction of our vision.
You are a technical leader and craftsman with a proven track record of successful delivery. You are someone who will enjoy the challenge of working on complex and highly disparate technologies – from front-end Android development to back-end highly distributed systems. You are security-conscious and continually analyze software for potential threats to safeguard customer trust. You are interested in a high growth career opportunity and enjoy building software that brings smiles to our customers
Key job responsibilities
· Work with the team to help solve business problems.
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
· Write high quality distributed system software.
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
About the team
We own the Payment Acceptance and Experience of Middle East North Africa (MENA) region. Our team manages all Amazon branded payment offerings in this region. These offerings are growing rapidly and we are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products to continue to serve our customers.
· 3+ Year experience in Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Rails, C++ or C#
· Understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years’ full-time experience in software design and development.
· Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python).
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
· A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.