Job description / Role
- Contributes to the delivery of software products and components for ISA; provides technology expertise and supports in the management of technology life cycle.
- Investigates and analyzes applications architecture, technology stacks, design, development, deployment and automated testing.
- In collaboration with product team, project managers, and IT solutions managers, contributes to translating business needs into technical implementations in line with the architectural principles laid down for ISA products.
- Assists in testing and implementation of technical solutions; reviews technical documentation, user guides, training manuals, and system specifications ensuring quality, compliance and completeness.
- Assists in reviewing/giving feedback on specifications and information of the architectural design provided by product team.
- Co-identifies the technical tools and languages needed for the design execution in line with the adopted technical and quality standards.
- Assists in establishing efficient continuous delivery process and production operations process; creates deployment architecture based on open source technology stack for automation.
- Monitors the User Interfaces used for the product in line with requirements.
- Assists in identifying and implementing best practices, new trends, and emerging technologies that bring best value to ISA clients; partners with cross-functional teams to explore ways and means to adopt such technologies.
- Assists in implementing agreed remedies and preventative measures in specified area.
- Ensures compliance of the implementation with the architecture. Assists ISA teams to meet agreed service levels; provides needed status reports to specialists, users, and managers.
- Installs and maintains security patches in production and non-production environments and provides technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
- Guides other technology experts internally; ensures there is proper, sufficient and continuous knowledge sharing within ISA.
- Maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including project managers, product, operations, governance and enterprise development teams.
- Contributes to and influences thinking and decision-making with respect to technology to the best of ISA.
- Minimum 5 years in software development and management out of which at least 2 years in a “DevOps Architect/Software Architect”.
- Holistic IT Knowledge of heterogeneous technology environments - experienced with different types of end-to-end technology stacks.
- DevOps principles and stages of CICD process from source code management, to build, deployment and test automation, finishing with production deployment
- Hands-on designing solutions for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based set-ups, managing vendors and service providers.
- Experienced in core system configuration and systems testing.
- Experienced in networking concepts like Routing, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing and VPC in a cloud environment.
- Hands-on production operations and site reliability engineering principles;
- Hands on technical leadership, technical solution design.
- Capable of analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Employs technical and interpersonal skills to execute new initiatives and achieve company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.