Job description / Role
• To oversee the Sharia Risk Management framework and liaise with related Risk Coordinator in managing risks within departmental/ functional level
• To manage the incidents and breaches, follow-up and report the progress to the various stakeholders in periodic basis
• To manage the Department Risk Register (DRR), follow-up and report the latest status to the various stakeholder in periodic basis
• To manage the Key Risk Register (KRR), including to identify any new key risk, monitor, follow-up and report the latest status to the Head of Department and Risk Committee
• To provide Sharia strategic advisory related to compliance in accordance with prevailing laws and regulations, Group and RHO standards, codes and policies applicable to the Company
• To assist Sharia Unit in preparing periodic compliance report and other ad-hoc reports.
• To conduct review and work with the management to identify and/or define sharia compliance issues and to recommend action plan to improve procedural deficiencies
• To be responsible as sharia regulation gate keeper, analyze and prepare gap analysis of new sharia related regulation, socialize to related internal stakeholders
• To attend various governance forum when Head of Department is not available and to provide advice at the forums inclusive mandatory and non-mandatory committee
• To assist Sharia Unit to review and provide compliance sign off over product materials, such as product specification, marketing collateral, etc.
• To assist Sharia unit in forming and manage Sharia Committee include its periodic meeting
• Bachelor's Degree, any discipline
• Minimum 10 years in Life Insurance or financial industry, preferably in Sharia company and Compliance or governance unit
• English literacy
• Computer Literacy (MS Office)
• Presentation Skills
• Negotiation Skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.