Job description / Role
Senior Manager Sulphuric Acid (Copper Smelter Plant) In Indonesia
• Lead team to deliver project construction and operation of Gas cleaning and Sulphuric Acid Plant in a smelter enjoinment, including safe storage & transportation of sulfuric acid, in company operation area, including management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
• Establish design systems and database technology in the management and supervision of Smelter Plant projects.
• Provide advice and guidance to contractors, employees and consultants to ensure
• Company and corporate standards are applied and maintained.
• Make critical decisions of a process or cost nature by having external knowledge of the cost and availability of materials and contractors/manpower as they apply to project planning and execution.
• Establish the effective integration of diverse project construction in the Smelter plant area.
• Prepare appropriate reports and presentations for Senior Management and shareholders.
• Develop budgets and execute budget with a focus on cost control and utilization of Value Improving Practices.
• Undertake negotiation for budgets and financial plans with relevant groups and individuals in ways that build commitment to the plans.
• Review cost management issues and identify improvements.
• Manage Department’s Budget, identify issues, and propose improvements.
USD 10,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: full expat package
• Aged 40 – 50
• Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Process Operations background
• 10 years’ experience in engineering, design, OEM selection and managing project construction and operation of Gas cleaning and Sulphur Acid Plant in a smelter enjoinment, including safe storage & transportation of sulfuric acid.
• Experienced as Manager – Sulphuric Acid Plant for copper smelters
• 5 years’ experience with global Engineering companies as Manager for Copper /Nickel/Zinc projects in an EPC/EPCM mode.
• Previous experience managing project scopes in the range of US$ 1 billion to 1.5 billion dollar project
• Experience in Sulphuric Acid plants for Copper smelters using Outotec-Lurec or MECS technology prefered
• Expertise in cost effective management of process technology, engineering, operations, maintenance
• Have primary level operational inspector certificate (POU) or qualifications certificate recognized by KaIT (Chief Mines Inspector) in accordance with level of position.
• Expert in subcontract management, including project controls, configuration management, risk management, schedule and cost control.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.