Assistant Resident Engineer
Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
• Overall responsibility for the construction supervision activities, monitoring and controlling the contractor’s daily activities and resources
• Support the review of contractors’ QA/QC and HSSE plans in compliance with local codes and regulations in coordination with the Resident Engineer, reviewing contractors’
• Coordinate with the design team to obtain required information related to design documents, coordinating with the QA/QC Engineer for quality inspections on contractors
• Maintain contact with the client and Consultant’s head office, including preparing reports as needed, setting meeting logs and preparing minutes of meetings, liaison with public authorities and stakeholders, and coordinating with the HSSE Engineer to implement HSSE procedures.
• Maintain control of programming, cash flow, claims, variations, and the quality of construction. issuing instructions to the Contractor and finalizing interim payments.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required to Execute this Role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is a must
• 15+ years of experience out of which at least 10 years in fields directly related to infrastructure utilities and road works.
• Solid experience in infrastructure, pump stations, and roads works
• Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining relationships with clients
• Exposure to all construction supervision aspects, including client management, contractor management, supplier management, contract administration, quality management, dispute management, etc.
• Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency in English and Arabic is a must
• Experience within Iraq is a plus.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).
Al Salaam Consultants
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting