Chief Executive Officer - Hospital
Job description / Role
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be managing the entire hospital's strategic and day-to-day operations-clinical and managerial. This role will ensure that all departments are fully staffed and supervise all clinical departments and medical and non-medical staff to ensure the delivery of medical services.
Our client is a 500-bed hospital of in-patient and out-patient services in Najaf, Iraq. This position is critical in negotiating contracts with different suppliers and general contractors in Iraq. Though the hospital holds a good infrastructure, it will have to be set up from scratch.
* Deliver and set the quality processes to offer the best patient care.
* Hire a high volume of qualified medical and non-medical staff.
* Create a positive and efficient work culture.
* Decision maker and part of the selection processes for contractors and suppliers.
* Set standards for operational excellence.
* Implement clinical procedures in close collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer.
* Ensure compliance with local regulations as well as hospital policies.
* Develop a good relationship with external organisations, including the medical community, governmental bodies, and the media.
* Manage the Profit and Loss, define the annual budget and deliver the financial performance.
This is the opportunity to be part of launching a new 500 beds hospital and impact positively the Health care system in Iraq.
* Master of Health Administration in Hospital Management (MHA) or a similar degree.
* At least five years of similar professional experience setting up and launching a new hospital.
* Mastering leadership and negotiation skills.
* Arabic speaker.
* Ideally, already based in Iraq.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.