Job description / Role
Responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the American University of Iraq-Baghdad in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the, Government of Iraq, US Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission and any other regulatory and advisory organizations AUIB has accountability to and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within institutions of higher learning.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance
• Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CFO/President, the Board of Trustees and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
• Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline
• Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
• Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments
• Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
• Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
• Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter
• Evaluation of the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with an emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals
• Master’s degree (MA) or equivalent; or 10 to 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in Education, US Government Accounting Systems and Donor Funded institutions.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
• A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
• Must be able to work in a sitting position for 8 or more hours per day
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds as needed
• Must be able to travel to job locations by automobile and/or commercial airline.
About the Company
Raban Al-Safina Group of Companies stands as one of the most prominent industrial organizations in Iraq work in different fields in power industry, oil & gas, systems technology, and many others.
Ali Bin Ali Group
Area Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||24 Nov|