Job description / Role
Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
Opening its doors in January of 2021, the new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and the United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a great library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We invite applications and nominations for a position of:
Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustees
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustees to Performs a variety of specialized, complex, and confidential administrative assistant duties for the members of the Board of Trustees
An Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustees performs administrative assistance duties of a highly responsible, confidential, and sensitive nature for members of the Board of Trustees. Work assignments require the incumbent to use a high degree of independence, discretion, and tact and exercise sound judgment.
• Performs complex and diverse administrative assistance duties for members of the Board of Trustees.
• Posts official notices of meetings in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Distributes public documents such as meeting agenda, speakers' lists, and meeting minutes to District staff and other interested parties.
• Assembles meeting materials for members of the Board of Trustees.
• Attends on-and offsite meetings of the Board of Trustees.
• Prepares or edits prepared minutes for regular and special meetings of the Board of Trustees and its committees and oversees their posting/distribution.
• Implements and maintains a system of filing and indexing for official records and actions of the Board of Trustees.
• Prepares and edits resolutions, and official correspondence by members of the Board of Trustees using a variety of software applications.
• Obtains, compiles, and organizes information requested by members of the Board of Trustees on a wide variety of District matters.
• Schedules appointments, meetings, and other commitments for individual members of the Board of Trustees.
• Informs members of the Board of Trustees of important matters arising in their absence and directs their attention to significant correspondence or matters requiring their attention.
• Screens telephone calls and visitors to the Board of Trustees Office for urgency and nature of business; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff/offices or personally responds to routine inquiries.
• Drafts and/or edits correspondence such as letters, memoranda, personal acknowledgments, routine reports, and other materials based on verbal instructions or upon own initiative using word processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing software.
• Reviews outgoing correspondence, reports, and publications for grammar, sentence structure, format, attachments, continuity of text, and compliance with applicable laws, rules, and procedures.
• Maintains business files for individual members of the Board of Trustees
• Maintains the time-keeping records of the members of the Board of Trustees.
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or relevant degree in Business or Management or the equivalent of at least 5 years of experience in a similar discipline
• Fluency in English Language.
• Maintain the confidentiality of work
• Knowledge of laws, policies, rules, regulations, and procedures related to the Board of Trustees activities
• Office organization and functions
• Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• English and business composition
• Business vocabulary and terminology
• Computer software such as word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and desktop publishing
• Principles and procedures of record storage, control, retrieval and management
• Customer service techniques for public contact in person and on the telephone
About the Company
The American University of Iraq - Baghdad is a diverse and inclusive community of scholars dedicated to the mission of bringing a quality, American-style university education to the young people of Iraq and the larger region. AUIB does not discriminate in its hiring or admissions on the basis of race, creed, gender, or religious affiliation, but welcomes everyone to work and study here. All expatriate faculty and staff are provided accommodations on campus in private apartments.
Opening its doors in the Fall of 2020, AUIB is now hiring faculty in a number of positions for its Colleges of Arts & Sciences, Business, International Studies, and Health Sciences. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry, and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in Baghdad, reminiscent of the days when the capital city was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a grand library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture!
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
A Leading Insurance Broker In The Middle East
Executive Assistant to Managing Director
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Administration Assistant / Executive Secretary