Job description / Role
The Role Responsibilities
* Attend to and assist customers on their service requests
* Process all daily branch transactions accurately.
* Introduce self-service/automated banking channels to customers.
* To ensure transactions are processed within terms of Service Level Agreement, maintain high standard of service to our valued clients using a range of Cash & Trade services.
* Deliver simply first-class service against agreed service standards.
* Build relationships with clients at the transactional level.
* Serve as a back up to another Operations team member, which could be in the same/ another department.
* Impart training to another team member (in the same/ another department) on work performed to have an effective back up.
Cash Management Operations
* Processing remittance requests
* Payments reports and EOD reconciliations.
* Improving processing productivity
* Maintaining a low transaction processing error rate
* Achieving SLA standards established.
* Contributing to process improvements
* Ensuring strict adherence to delegation of authorities
* Establishing/ maintaining effective communication with RMs, Branches, Sales teams
* Being responsive to issues raised, mails forwarded
* Acting on customer complaints as per SLA
* Submitting required MIS, data analysis as per management request (includes daily volume tracking, contributing to monthly/ periodic analysis, etc.)
* Take appropriate corrective action and escalate problems
* To provide efficient customer service and respond promptly and with a helpful attitude to enquiries or requests for advice relative to new or outstanding transactions.
IPU and Clearing
* To support and maintain clearing operations for various divisions to provide unhampered services to our customers.
* Accuracy of Clearing sessions processing to avoid penalty fines.
* To operate in accordance with the Group guidelines and within risk parameters
* Using standardised procedures to ensure best practices are in place.
* Highlights/ Identify possible risks within processes to senior management to ensure bank risk kept to minimum.
* Ensure all Inward cheques are checked for technicality and Sig verification
* Ensure that post-dated cheques are kept in a safe custody and processed correct and on time.
* Ensure that all R/D cheques that returned for insufficient funds are declared to CBI.
* Ensure that all suspense accounts that relate to clearing are reconciled.
* Ensure provide high quality service to (internal & external) customers.
* Ensure Key Control Standards are in place.
* Actively adheres to service level agreements to manage effectively and efficiently relationship with key internal departments and branches.
* Keep monthly reconciled accounts and ensure no items are outstanding
* Ensure compliance with the country regulations, facilitate the implementation of the bank's compliance risk management framework
Our Ideal Candidate
* Excellent English - reading, writing, conversation.
* Banking background in cash
* Based in Baghdad.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.