Job description / Role
Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
• Prepare and teach basic and advanced laboratory courses for undergraduate Radiologic Sciences students.
• Participate in designing lab training in radiologic sciences and medical imaging.
• Assist in multidisciplinary research in medical imaging leading to publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Assist in development of research facilities and laboratories in the College of Healthcare Technologies.
• Be involved in assessment and committee work at the College and the University
• In collaboration with other members, develop course content and curricula.
• Act as a clinical preceptor for students during their hospital rotation maintain contact.
• MS degree with work/training experience in a medical imaging domain (i.e., Radiologic Ssciences, Medical Imaging, Medical Physics, or related field). Candidates with education and experience in international educational institutions will be highly considered.
• Minimum of 2 years of clinical teaching experience in an internationally recognized institution.
• licensed as a radiology technologist or eligible. Preferably nationally board certified ASRT (American Society of Radiologic Technologists) or ARTT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists).
• Preference will also be given to candidates with research credentials and interests in any of the areas of medical imaging and related fields.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• A good team player with strong ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment.
About the Company
AUIB is an American-style, nonprofit university located next to the Baghdad International Airport in Baghdad. This large-scale, multi-million dollar project is funded by Iraqi and U.S. donors, both public and private. The university opens for students on Jan. 17, 2021, with the College of Arts & Sciences, College of International Studies, and the College of Business. Eventually, there will be 10 colleges at the university, including a College of Medicine.