Job description / Role
Java Senior Developer - Dublin, Ireland - 12 Months Contract
Objectives: Title: Java Senior Developer
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Type: Contract (12 months contract initially)
Main responsibilities: Description:
- Agile SCRUM delivery experience is must
- DevOps Tools, & Technologies experience is desired.
- Experienced in Java design, build, and unit testing.
- Must be an experienced developer and have worked with Banking 365.
- Configure, build, and test the application or technology architecture components and classes
- Perform the detailed design of application and technology architecture components and classes.
- Experience in Core Java , Web Services ( SOAP / REST ) , JSF/JSP/Servlets, Dependency Injection frameworks, ORM tools
- Experience in build tools (Ant, Maven etc.) & unit testing utilizing JUNIT and other unit testing tools.
- Knowledge on JSON , XSL, JQuery, XML Parsing, XPath
- Design SkillsDefining Standards, approach and best practices for Middleware Service.
- Taking development decisions for middleware Services.
- Involved in design decision across the application layers (front-end , service and back-end)
- Graduate degree in a computer science related field with a minimum of 8 years of software development experience.
- Java Enterprise Edition Professional Certification
- Experience in working directly with customers.
- BFSI domain knowledge & Payments Systems background
- Subordinates: YES
- Number required: 2
- Duration: 12 Months Contract
- Desired start date: Immediate
Role and responsibility
- Business requirements gathering
- Understanding the business requirements and developing the high level design and low level design preparation
- Candidate will be required to work in Agile/SCRUM development model with considerable usage of DevOps tools
- Engages in developing proof of concepts (POCs) for new programs and conducts peer code reviews, estimation reviews.
- Work through ambiguous requirements, define reasonable assumptions and lead the solution estimation process by working collaboratively with technical sales team.
- Interacts with business users, I/T, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.
- Involved in troubleshooting and debugging critical problems and resolving complex technical issues that may arise.
- Leads customer interaction and resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements and contributes on proposal writing.
- Drives engineering processes for the project such as build automation, unit testing, software configuration management and packaging.
- Mentoring junior team members and helping senior team members and architects in design decisions.
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.