Job description / Role
The ASA program supports a wide range of service lines (Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services), making this a great place to gain exposure to new skills and progress your career.
You will work directly with high-level client-serving professionals (partners/principals, executive directors, senior managers and managers) to drive project management and engagement coordination for EY’s key account client-serving teams. You will drive efficiencies for the account teams and reduce time to provide services to clients, with a focus on maintaining the applicable professional standards.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll likely balance your time between both project management and analytics. We’ll also look to you to audit and manage budgets and expenses, along with compliance and due diligence.
Skills and attributes for success
• Manage stakeholder expectations, project plans and communications, and provide status updates as needed to continuously advance service delivery
• Gain a strong knowledge of the service line and the engagement, EY’s structure, key personnel and EY’s policies/procedures
• Act as the knowledge manager for the engagement team, managing internal databases and/or portals designed to facilitate global team communications and coordination of go-to-market strategy
• Take complete ownership of engagement economics (e.g., hours/budgets/estimates to complete, fees, billings, Work in Process spreadsheets), proactively collaborating with relevant team members to resolve any issues that arise
• Collaborate with the account team, business development and resource management teams to achieve team goals
• Coordinate risk management processes, such as engagement letters, client continuance, independence, family tree, preapproval and other regulatory requirements
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong data analytics and Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent listening, influencing, interpersonal and presentation skills
• The ability to address all relevant information/data and develop practical approaches to answering problems
• A creative and curious approach to tackling complex challenges, leveraging internal tools and resources to achieve favorable results
• A results-oriented approach to drive improvements in engagement economics (financial systems, relationship management tools, revenue pipeline, sales cycle reports, risk assessments)
• A proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and collaboratively with virtual teams
• An ability to effectively manage concurrent projects and prioritize multiple tasks, including multi-location coordination
• The capability to meet tight deadlines, performing fine-quality work and diligent follow-up
• The ability to summarize and conclude activities, applying appropriate documentation standards and lessons learned
• The capacity to protect confidential and proprietary information
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A background in a direct client service role
• A bachelor’s degree
What we look for
We’re most interested in people with big ideas who aren’t afraid to voice them. You’ll need a proactive approach to work and the curiosity to seek out new challenges without being pushed. If you’re ready to make a real contribution to our goal of building a better working world, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
• We offer a competitive compensation package
• Ownership for your area, in a culture that encourages people to speak up and challenge the status quo
• Career support from some of the most engaging colleagues in the business
• The ability to take on different responsibilities and learn new skills
• The freedom to provide excellence in a way that’s suited to you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.