Job description / Role
Assistant Manager - Data Scientist - D&A - Technology Consulting, JRH - Amman, Jordan.
Joining EY's Data and Analytics team in this exciting period of growth will offer a huge variety of opportunity to make a tangible impact to our clients businesses and to your career. We provide constant room for growth through client engagements and personal development. Our practitioners develop and lead innovative data techniques and methods, supporting both business and technology leaders. This role provides the unique opportunity to build a professional network, tackle complex data issues, and drive cutting edge approaches across industry leading clients and domains.
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are seeking a Assistant Manager - Data Scientist. We are seeking passionate, entrepreneurial individuals to join us on an exciting journey of evolving our next generation Data Science and Big Data platform. You will help our clients navigate the complex world of modern data science and analytics. We'll look to you to provide our clients with a unique business perspective on how data science and analytics can transform and improve their entire organization - starting with key business issues they face. This is a high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities:
The role will be responsible for proactively identifying AI and Machine Learning opportunities within Client portfolios, building, and validating, deploying and monitoring advanced descriptive, predictive and prescriptive machine learning models, including Risk Management, Customer Experience and Journey analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Churn Management, Next Best Action and many others.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Effectively partner with Clients to understand and anticipate their needs and guide them towards building AI and Machine Learning solutions delivering both short-term wins and identifying long-term opportunities for managed data science services
- Build, validate, deploy, monitor and provide DevOps support for a set of AI/Machine Learning models and services for both internal POCs and Client production initiatives, including Risk Management, Customer Experience and Journey analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Churn Management, Next Best Action and many others.
- Leverage commercial and open source AI, Machine Learning, Big Data ecosystem tools, BI, Visualization and Discovery tool to deliver advanced models and other Data Science solutions. Specific tools will include (but not limited to), full SAS stack, R, Python, Scala, Java, Spark SQL/ML/MLLib/GraphX, Data Science Notebooks and Workbenches, Azure Machine Learning, Tableau, Datameer, and other tools
- Proactively monitor and tune AI / Machine Learning model performance, manage champion/challenger models to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Ensure all AI/Machine Learning models are properly packaged and documented for deployment. Participate in client training and knowledge transfer as required.
- Ensure all solutions comply with the highest levels of security, privacy and data governance requirements as outlined by EY and Client legal and information security guidelines, law enforcement, and privacy legislation, including data anonymization, encryption, and security in transit and at rest and others as applicable
- Effectively leverage continuous integration, continuous development and continuous deployment agile and DevOps tools and processes to deliver and support advanced Data Science and Big Data solutions and services, including Git, Jira, Jenkins and others as required.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert and a Thought Leader, continuously following industry trends, the latest competitive developments, and delivering papers and presentations at major industry conferences and events.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A degree in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Data Scientist certification, including Hadoop, Spark or equivalent production experience
- Proficiency and an in-depth understanding of the Predictive Modeling Lifecycle and best practices for feature engineering, model development and tuning (hyper-parameter, ensemble modeling techniques, deep learning), model validation, model deployment packaging, model management and performance monitoring
- 5+ years of extensive experience building Predictive Machine Learning and AI models for Customer Experience, Customer Journey analytics, Customer Segmentation, Churn modeling, Lookalike Modeling or equivalent use cases.
- Experience running SAS 9.4 on Hadoop - SAS/Access or in-database SAS HPA
- Experience with Open source AI / Machine Learning / Data Science tools - R, Python, Spark. Including experience working with Notebooks (Zeppelin, Jupyter) and Data Science Workbenches (Azure, DSX)
- Experience with Spark-based machine learning, including Spark SQL, ML, MlLib, GraphX
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Experience with Deep Learning on CPUs and GPUs, including ANN, CNN, RNN frameworks like TensorFlow/Keras, MXNet or equivalent would be an asset.
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning would be an asset.
- Experience with SAS Risk and Finance modeling modules and workbenches would be an asset.
- Experience with SAS Decision Manager would be an asset.
- Experience with SAS Text Mining and Sentiment Analysis (SA) would be an asset.
What we look for:
We're interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Data Science and Big Data industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
What we offer:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance . We Also offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build!
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region