Business Consulting Life Science Manager
Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Manager - Enterprise Risk (ER) to lead client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and participate in business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts. This role will focus on Life Sciences as a sector including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, pharmacies, distributors, regulators, and medical devices companies.
As a risk professional, you will be addressing client issues and transformations relating to Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit, Program Risk Management, process and controls design and effectiveness, and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) implementations. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, and the overall market.
Our Life Sciences ER team members provide life science clients to build a certain level of confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market, and when required by regulation or contract. This role requires a candidate with a 50:50 split between technical sector knowledge and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager:
- You will lead large transformational client engagements as well as internal projects.
- You will lead large global and regional bids, proposals, and thought leaderships.
- You will lead teams of our clients, supporting them in improving their business performance.
- Drawing on your knowledge, skills, and experience, you will establish valued relationships with external clients at the ''C'' level.
- You will be responsible for presenting executive summary findings to enact change and drive the regional life science agenda.
- You will monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- You will manage and lead multiple EY colleagues across levels and client team members. Leading teams - or parts of teams - on engagements will depend on the size of the engagement.
- You will review others' work to ensure it is of high quality.
- You will mentor others as they progress in their career.
- When working on engagements, you'll report to higher levels of management, who will expect you to anticipate and identify risks, and escalate any issues as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach, and counsel junior team members, and help them develop.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in any of the following areas: biopharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy, engineering, business, accounting, or other relevant areas.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working as an internal auditor or risk/compliance consultant for a professional services firm (Big Four, Strategy House or equivalent), with a proven record of experience in the life science (pharma, biotech, medical devices) or healthcare industry (hospitals, healthcare providers, regulatory agencies). Equivalent pharmaceutical or industry experience will also be considered.
- Technical knowledge of the life science sector and landscape (MENA).
- Proven track record of the experience of leading roles covering Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit, Program Risk Management, process and controls design and effectiveness, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) implementations.
- Strong data analytics background and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Jordan-based and have the willingness to travel the majority of the team for EY projects/
- Bilingual (English & Arabic) will be an added advantage.
- Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Professional certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Governance, Risk, Compliance Professional (GRCP), and Risk Management Professional (RMP).
- Life Science and/ or supply chain professional certifications.
What we look for
Alongside your comprehensive and proven technical expertise, you will also be a born leader with a passion for:
- Developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Conducting performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff.
- Contributing to our people initiatives that include recruiting and retaining our professionals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region