Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
• Support the Tax & Legal Services Finance lead and take ownership of the managing billing and collection according to the billing and collection terms, focusing on outstanding invoices while enforcing company policy.
• Maintain controls over billing to clients and interoffice, credit notes, write offs, and take ownership to get disputes sorted by the respective teams.
• Maintain records of Letter of Guarantees issues in TLS, keep records of the status of each, ensure it is collected once the projects are completed.
• Lead self and others to achieve the healthy working capital and meet the TLS targets, build a lead team as required with clear roles, responsibilities and KPIs, and provide the required guidance and coaching to the team members
Manage, coach, and guide team members
• A good understanding of billing and collection process & terminology.
• Analyse receivables and debt ageing on a regular basis by Market/Network & Partner and have the required discussions with the respective teams to bring days to the agreed target.
• Focus on all long outstanding invoices highlighting exposure early to avoid provision charges.
• Regular review and follow up to collect and clear all balances in provision.
• Review of debts on a regular basis and in line with the firm's policy. Any write offs are communicated to the TLS Finance Lead/Market Leads on a regular basis.
• Interface across all levels on an engagement project (partners and managers).
• Work closeley with TLS Cluster & Central finance and act as a single point of contact
• Ensure a high quality, timely, consistent delivery of service.
• Build a strong business relationship with Client facing, Finance and Operation teams across ME
• Confident in using systems & tools
• Lead in discussions with Engagement Teams
• Agree targets and communication
• Liaise with business leaders and central finance
Collections and AR Management
• Build and maintain records of debtors' billing and collection terms, and channels of raising and communicating the bills to clients to ensure no delay caused by following a wrong process or communication channels.
• Build and maintain billing schedules and follow up with respective teams to ensure billing on time, and prepare monthly billing and collection plans.
• Analysis of debt aging by Market, Client and Industry, monitor the days of receivables and have the required discussions with the respective teams to bring days to the agreed target.
• Responsible to follow up with all parties (client engagement team, operations support, other LoS, interoffice, clients) to ensure timely collections of receivables before being overdue & hit the monthly target, summarise any issues and follow up to ensure all actions are taken on time.
• Responsible for managing and controlling all interoffice bills, ensuring all are settled in accordance with the firm's policy, ensure adequate actions taken to clear any disputes and escalate any overdue balances that are not settled.
• Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key clients with the support of the engagement teams, to ensure smooth and ease follow up and collection process.
• Control write off process, ensure firm policy is applied, ensure agreed recovery efforts taken before taking any write off.
• Maintain all data related to cash collection and meet with the respective teams on a regular basis to update the data and prepare cash flow projection, and forecast the impact on the provisions and revenues.
• Monthly review of CN, investigate the reasons behind it, and summarise the impact of it, analyse the CN by client, Partner, etc, and agree the required controls to reduce its volume.
• Ensure all received comments are updated on iPower through AR note by coordination with the responsible FinTech team.
• Maintain records of all back to back agreements within PwC, ensure billing raised when approved from the other side and collected accordingly. And monitor cash collections for back to back agreements to confirm when we should bill our share
• Prepare a monthly report for cash collection performance, challenges, achievements and focus areas.
• Prepare historical analysis on clients that are not paying or time or have regular write offs.
• Maintain records of any post-dated cheques with the date of settlement to ensure it is cleared on time.
• Review of all Bank Guarantee Letters and ensure proper process is placed cancelling or extending guarantees on engagement and coordinating with the firms treasury team as required.
• Prepare monthly cash flow projection, forecast the impact on the provisions and revenues
• Provide an in depth analysis and commentary on the expected provision impact and cash collection
• Prepare a monthly report for cash collection performance, challenges, and focus areas
• Review historical habits of clients analysing slow or non paying clients or those with regular write offs
• Ad hoc reporting
Learning & Growth
• Act as a key resource and liaison to other areas of the business, building cross-team relationships as needed
• Keep connection with other LoS Finance & Operations team, as well as cash collection teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance Banking, treasury, or related field required
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
• At least 3+ years of experience in a similar managerial role with proven experience managing a cash collection team.
• Demonstrated experience with cash collection and accounts receivable background
• Experience in enforcing cash collection process across a region
• Experience in collection of old debts using different techniques
• Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• In depth knowledge of financial operations and processes, including cash collection and AR reporting would be advantageous.
• Communication with impact
• Task oriented & ability to set priorities in line with the strategy
• Good organisation, project management, and time management skills to ensure coverage of workload
• Thoroughness, accuracy, eye for detail, and proactivity.
• Skilled in maintaining relationships with external and internal parties at different levels in different locations and roles
• Excellent people management skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong decision making skills
• High commitment, punctuality and respect of deadline
• Strong work ethic Ethical Conduct
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.