Job description / Role
Main purpose of the role
• Manage a wide scope of operations on ground across several markets handling end to end co-packing process, products health registration in Jordan and Palestine, manage the logistics of the shipping documents sanity and operations.
• Ensure the monthly co-packing cycle is being implemented in timely manner.
• Consolidate, develop and communicate the promotional co-packing plans per the In-Market Sales
• Develop and maintain an exception management process for additional mid-month co-packing requirements and set rules and list of approvals for prioritization
• Asses, communicate and ensure resolving any availability risk through highlighting potential mitigation opportunity with the concerned parties
• Build up the shipment phasing requirement of SCOA packs (sample items), communicate it to the supply team and ensure landing of the requested mix prior to the co-packing month
• Build up and maintain a budget tracker for all the co-packing activities across the markets and ensure continuous updates on new budget request and actual spend with budget owners
• Communicate plans to service providers, receive quotations and raise respective purchase orders against which activity should commence
• Follow up and ensure payments are being done to service providers and suppliers on time and resolve any arising issue
• Close follow up on target delivery of 50% opening stock from each promotion
• Ensure co-packing operations are going as per the promotional menu that is signed off by Brand Manager(s) and Route-To-Market (RTM) Quality team.
• Conduct co-packing audits along with the RTM Lead and ensure implementation of Unilever standards and audit gap closure.
• Innovations & Product Health Registration
• Take the lead on tracking & updating innovations status as well as aligning Demand Planners on upcoming innovations from respective sourcing units
• Set up and maintain monthly calls with sourcing units' innovation planners
• Ensure full alignment of the innovation scope with the resource responsible for collecting and submitting the health registration documents
• Maintain a registration tracker updated
• Follow up on all shipping documents going out to our distributors
• Ensure shipping documents meets all clearance requirements in respective markets
• Communicate with sourcing units if required to resolve any issue in documentation and received shipments
• Update the shipment tracker on daily basis
• Get quotation and arrange trucking for land, air and re-export shipments.
• Handle claims received from customers related to logistics issue.
• Check and finalize debit notes received from customers within one week, and Communicate monthly provisions with finance team.
• Communicate and update the customs duties with the team whenever requested.
• Ensure necessary approvals for shipments are available before end of month to Palestine.
• Communicate and document any new regulation with the business.
• Update and confirm Goods In Transit (GIT) in volumes and dates with the team.
• Follow up on clearance and ensure no delay in delivery to warehouses versus the agreed lead times.
• Maximum 3 years of experience
• Engineering background
• Experienced in logistics/Co-packing
• Innovative, Organized, and has strong follow up skills
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.