Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
We are looking for Senior Consultants to deliver Capital Projects & Infrastructure (CP&I) engagements for our clients to assist in improving business performance, realize competitive advantage from operations to drive both growth and profitability. This is achieved through CP&I deal origination and execution, project finance structuring, capital raising advisory, sales and operations planning, procurement strategy, contracting and project management and governance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Delivery of Capital Projects & Infrastructure (CP&I)projects of high complexity through projects plans, economics, monitoring and evaluating risks, budgets and delivery of projects as per required standards
- Support Advisory team in business development through active identification of leads, conversions of leads to expressions of interest, proposals and engagements
- Support clients in their need to focus on business efficiencies and effective outcomes
- Support in project governance, e.g. organizational and process aspects
- Carry out risk management and analysis, e.g. risk register, quantitative (probabilistic) risk modelling, root cause analysis, issue management, prudency reviews
- Construction project management and controls, e.g. schedule control, cost control (budget, accruals, forecasts), earned value, change management
- Undertake complex schedule analytics, e.g. critical path method (CPM), float, schedule compression/time-cost trade-off, change impacts
- Undertake performance metrics and project reporting,
- Coach, develop and mentor direct reports
- Participate in the firm's activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business, or related field;
Job Experience :
- Over 3 years' experience in CP&I consulting in a professional services environment or similar role. Experience in consulting (other big 4) under a BU similar to CPS would also be welcome;
Experience in executing all CP&I deal execution work streams including but not limited to:
- Project viability assessment including preparation of feasibility studies and business plans
- Project finance structuring & capital raising advisory
- Value analysis / financial analysis
- Procurement strategy / contracting / negotiation support
- Project management and governance
- Demonstrated application of market and industry trends in order to develop business initiatives and relationships that help achieve business competitive advantage;
- Knowledge of capital intensive industries including industry-leading practices for improving capital project performance and identifying and implementing process improvements that can help clients achieve business requirements;
- Experience working in a diverse, cross-functional team;
- Experience in delivering complex technical concepts, and presenting technical findings;
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities;
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrates knowledge of capital intensive industries in one of the following industries - Government Agencies, Consumer products and Telecommunication, Transportation, Energy, Power and Mining.
- Working knowledge and understanding of compliance and risk review procedures, business processes and internal controls are desirable
Job Related Skills and Competencies :
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and senior clients
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- A proactive approach to problem solving, delivering results and meet client expectations
- Strong IT Skills and technical depth
- Project management skills - ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
- Ability to multi-task simultaneous client engagements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (presentation & facilitation)
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Other relevant skills: Construction management, contract management, cost analysis, schedule analysis, design management, masterplan development, urban design.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.