Job description / Role
Deals, Data Analytics - Associate - Amman
Job Description & Summary
In an increasingly digitised world, we use data and analytics to help executives, employees, customers and suppliers make the right decisions. This could mean driving new growth opportunities, operating more efficiently or identifying and managing risks & critical issues.
Much of our work requires analysing vast quantities of electronic data using cutting-edge technology to extract meaningful and actionable insights. We use a wide variety of data mining techniques such as social network analysis, machine learning, predictive modelling and data visualisation.
As Deals Analytics associate, you'll learn and develop the specialist skills our clients look for and value most. A full-time graduate position in Deals will provide you with an opportunity to work across a range of industries, gain access from an early stage to top level management and play a critical part in our project teams.
Opportunities to grow as an individual, to work flexibly, to build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality, and value are a priority. At PwC, whether you're an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, you'll have opportunities to continuously learn and advance in your career.
- Working with clients and understand their requirements (either internal or external);
- Identify the needed data and data sources;
- Extract, analysis, cleansing, optimize and manipulate the data;
- Discover hidden and meaningful patterns within data, either to measure historic events or to predict the likelihood of future ones;
- Communicating simple, practical explanations of your analysis and what it means for the business.
We're looking for enthusiastic, driven individuals, with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Statistics or Computer Science (or other similar quantitative disciplines). You will be required to demonstrate a business level knowledge of English when communicating (both written and orally), as well as typically exhibiting the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to lead yourself and others so you can deliver results in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate way;
- Willingness to learn about business, and can bring innovation, and fresh thinking, to create distinctive value for our clients and PwC;
- Skilled at building and maintain strong and authentic relationships, within your business network and develop new ones outside of it;
- Team player and knowledge sharing;
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis);
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Knowledge in data extraction, analysis, cleansing, quality and manipulation;
- Exposure to data analysis and transformation with any of the following software: Alteryx, SQL, R, SAS, Python etc;
- Understanding of data visualisation techniques and tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc;
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Arabic;
- The ability and willingness to travel.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.