Job description / Role
EY Parthenon Strategy - Manager
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. EY- Parthenon Strategy is a leading advisory organization focused on big-picture strategy consulting, spanning areas that include coming up with long-term strategy roadmaps, market entry & expansion strategy, and growth strategy. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients' smarts to deliver actionable strategies.
In today's complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY-Parthenon has an ideal balance of strengths that combines deep sector and local expertise with top notch analytical and executional capabilities in addition to intimate client relationships, proven processes, and a progressive spirit.
We are looking for seasoned strategy professionals to join our rapidly growing team in MENA at the Manager level. As part of EY Parthenon Strategy, you will have the opportunity to deliver projects that make a strong impact on the region and develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in the strategy consulting practice, you will be a key participant in work streams and engagements as you translate client needs into project tasks and deliverables. You will work closely with clients to define the objective and scope of the engagements and deliverables in consultation with your seniors.
You can expect to spend most of your time working on strategy-related projects which include (but not limited to): long-term strategy roadmaps, growth strategy, market entry & expansion strategy, go-to-market strategy, business-wide digital transformation projects, commercial due diligence, and greenfield projects.
Your clients may include global corporates, governments and public entities, family conglomerates, and sovereign wealth funds . The EY-Parthenon Strategy team typically works directly with C-Suite executives on their strategic and transaction decisions.
Skills and attributes for success
As a strategy consulting professional, you should be able to:
- Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
- Review transaction rationale and/or deal documents to identify critical business issues and risks relating to a proposed transaction.
- Collect, analyse, and translate large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data into realistic plans, goals, and actionables.
- Motivate and counsel junior team members with diverse skills and backgrounds.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At minimum, a bachelor's degree from a top ranking school with outstanding academic performance, and at least 4 to 6 years of strategy consulting experience.
- Experience in working on 'big picture' strategy projects which includes commercial due diligence, digital transformation, growth strategy, and market strategy.
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industries, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
- Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the MENA region, when necessary (approximately 25-50% of time).
Ideally, you'll also have:
- MBA or Masters from a top tier business school.
- Prior experience with a particular focus on client advisory or strategic planning within a professional services or similar environment.
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Full fluency in Arabic, both written and spoken.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients' goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region