Job description / Role
As a part of the talent team, you will lead HR services for the region, you manage the overall relationship with HR services in line with the agreed governance process. Working closely with HR enablement, other talent teams and the business you will look to ensure consistency of user experience and service delivery. You will be responsible for identifying any areas of improvement in overall operating model or as part of specific, processes and working with the HR Continuous Improvement Analyst and the respective talent function to enable improvements.
Your key responsibilities
As a HR Services Manager, you will look to support the main activities of transitioning the organization to a HR contact centre model and for the delivery of tier 2 services. Other key responsibilities include:
Transition of Services:
- Support the HR Enablement Leader in defining and agreeing on services to be transitioned to HR Services
- Help prepare the Region Talent Team for transition of activities into HR Services
- Work with talent function SMRs to provide support and guidance (may include knowledge transfer) to HR services to enable effective transition of global process
- Support transition plans and activities, including change management, as services are moved to HR Services
- Support setting up of contact centre operations; provide relevant training, guidance and knowledge transfer for effective operations
- Provide ongoing oversight on contact centre activities; take appropriate action on any escalated issues
- Conduct maintenance and timely update of knowledge base (articles and database) to enable effective service delivery
HR Shared Services Delivery Oversight:
- Act as the primary liaison for HR Services Manager and as first point of contact for risks and issues; escalate where necessary
- Drive the agreed governance between the Region and HR Services as per defined service level agreements
- Communicate business and talent team feedback to HR Services. Work with HR Services to understand the impact of business strategy and operational feedback on delivery of HR operations
- Track and monitor customer satisfaction with HR service delivery and understand any other customer expectations
- Monitor delivery of services against the service measurement framework and work together with HR Services to ensure timely and quality execution of services and resolve issues
- Inform HR Services on key region / country information (e.g., changes in volumes, out-of-cycle projects, key calendar events and be the "eyes and ears" of how services are perceived) and inform the Region / country on key information received from HR Services (e.g., service measurements, operational matters)
- Escalate any issues with PSS/GSS service delivery to HR Services
- Works closely with other talent function leaders to identify improvement opportunities in the overall operating model or in delivery of specific talent processes and activities into that Region from HR services; support performance improvement initiatives as required
- Review any areas for changes in scope of agreed services between the Region Talent Team and HR services
- Manage, coach and develop the HRSS team
- Drive close relationships with the Talent Consultants, HR Enablement Team and the business to ensure integrated CBS support
- Collaborate with colleagues from other regions to share knowledge, ideas and successes
- Effectively work with shared services to enable greater efficiencies and quality of service
- Broadly support the HR Enablement Team, providing guidance and direction to reach our strategic priorities
Innovation and Change:
- Support the efficiency and expansion of the HRSS function by identifying activities to outsource
- Lead the centralization and continuous improvement of our HRSS process and policy across the region
- Embed global technology as appropriate in to our processes and where required/approved build and utilize technology to streamline our processes
Skills and attributes for success:
- Building positive relationships with functional colleagues and members of other teams with integrity and authenticity
- Ability to be resilient, practical and a self-starter, comfortable with working on own and with teams.
- Responsiveness to business needs, demonstrating speed of response through own actions and proactively proposing ideas and solutions
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Extensive HR Generalist experience with an element of focus on HR shared services/operations
- Knowledge of HR systems
- Experience with employee relations
- Experience in delivering HR related continuous improvement and change management projects
- Experience working cross border / virtually is preferred
- Experience in metrics reporting and analysis; utilization and ROI preferred
- Experience in working within a diverse environment is preferred
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Time and project management skills - able to plan and manage time effectively and flex up and down to deal with key priorities
- Demonstrates calm and objectivity when under pressure
What we look for:
We're interested in professionals with a deep understanding of general HR operations. You'll need to be comfortable handling several responsibilities at once, often with shifting priorities. It's a highly collaborative environment, where you'll be building and maintaining relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels - so you'll also need to be genuinely engaging, with interests and contacts in communities outside of your work life.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.