Human Resources - Payroll - Associate
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
Job Profile Summary:
A Payroll professional Associate is responsible for processing payroll, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll transactions.
A Payroll Associate Officer will ensure compliance with government regulations in each country, validate and process all implemented policies and manage the payroll impact.
To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework.
It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
A Payroll Associate job description should include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently and accurately
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee monthly income, social security taxes, employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments or invoices through the payroll system.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and issues
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Regular filing and archiving of payroll information and legal documentation on a monthly basis
- Generate adhoc reporting for all the financial and operational reporting as needed
- Processing new employee's contracts and terminations (from a payroll perspective)
- Answering general payroll enquiries
- Work closely with the Finance Team and Local HC Team
- Any additional tasks or responsibilities within day to day payroll operations
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.