Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
It takes talented people to support the largest professional services organisation in the world. Our Recruiting team works to identify and attract talent for PwC. You'll focus on engaging the most qualified candidates by building relationships with job seekers and candidates, while understanding the dynamic hiring needs of each business. Our team actively recruits for full time employees at all levels, from experienced to executive, as well as fixed term, contingent, and flexible talent and supports the internal movement process between roles.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Support 3 LOS in preparing and sending offer letters
- Be the first point of contact and the primary liasion with new joiners and the business
- Ensure reference checks are initiated
- Be responsible for handling any offer letter, visa and on boarding queries
- Creating personal files and chasing documentation
- Responsible for data entry into various PwC systems
- Report HR activities and data on a regular basis,
- Adhere to processes and standards for service delivery and support implementation of them
- Coordinate with relevant Recruitment leads to ensure timely and effective on boarding service delivery
Learning & Growth
- Support improvements in the HC Operating model, specifically the increased delivery of standardised services. Look for areas of continuous improvement across the HC Operations function
- Promote collaboration, trust and improvement between team members and across the Recruitment Team
- Work on specific projects related to HR initiatives as assigned
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous learning within the HC Operations and Employee Relations team and benchmark against best practices in the HR industry and country specific
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic is an advantage
- 1+ years of HR experience.
- Previous HR generalist experience with understanding of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment and onboarding
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of labor laws is preferred
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi task is key
- Attention to details is a must
- Knowledge of HR best practices and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team building and relationship building capabilities
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.